The gradual approach of a woman to a certain age - often 40-50 years old - begins to remind herself of not quite pleasant symptoms. In addition to the hateful aging of the skin and the extinction of reproductive function, there is also a flush in the head and fever - a quarter of all women suffer from it.
Such symptoms are far from common to all — many are lucky; they do not experience anything other than periodic pain and ailments associated with a gradual decrease in the level of sex hormones in the body.
When menopause sweating - an ordinary thing, it is inherently associated with the tides. Modern medicine can not exactly answer the question of why in the menopausal period in women so often the body temperature rises and the level of sweating increases.
Of course, this is an unpleasant symptom - if a woman at this age is constantly in the workplace, she does not have the opportunity to do personal hygiene, take a shower or change clothes.
The main factors triggering increased sweating
At the beginning of the climacteric tide, women feel heart palpitations, an increase in body temperature - this is how the body tries to get rid of the excessive heat accumulated inside.
The whole process is controlled by one of the brain regions - the hypothalamus. It produces electronic impulses that enter the nervous system directly, and adrenaline, serotonin and prostaglandin are released into the bloodstream simultaneously.
Scientists identify several main causes that affect flushing and sweating in menopausal women:
- the consumption of too hot, fatty, spiced food is the priority of women diet food with minimal heat treatment of products,
- frequent use of alcohol contributes to the expansion of blood vessels, which subsequently leads to sweating and increased body temperature,
- smoking undermines the health of the woman as a whole, it’s not just menopausal tides,
- work in stuffy, hot, poorly ventilated areas, provokes their frequent appearance, this is especially true in the summer,
- staying under stress, depression increases the manifestations of menopause.
Often the feeling of tides does not allow a woman to work normally, sleep, rest. If the symptoms become more frequent and become unbearable, you should consult a doctor.
Sweating and fever with menopause - how to avoid them
To prevent the occurrence of hot flashes in time, one should know their symptoms exactly. What most women feel in this period:
- an unusual sensation of heat flow to the body, it rolls like a wave, and envelops the whole body,
- redness of the skin in the upper part of the body - it is noticeable on the face, neck, arms, chest,
- there is often spasmodic headache, severe nausea and dizziness due to a sharp increase in body temperature,
- sweat appears on the body, sweating increases,
- quite often there is a feeling of suffocation in the chest, anxiety and anxiety increase,
- the tide ends with a strong chill that resembles a fever in a viral illness.
Nature of tides
Why do some women suffer from constant heat and excessive sweating during menopause, and some even have no idea what it is? It's all about the balance of the hormonal background of the female body. If everything in it was in order before the climacteric period began, then even after its onset, the woman will not notice any drastic changes, except for the menstrual period, which occur less and less.
Due to a sharp decrease in the level of estrogen in the blood, you will feel not only hot flashes, but a general deterioration of the reproductive organs. Often women report the occurrence of severe pain, atypical bleeding during menstruation. All the above symptoms require the close attention of the doctor.
Ways to help reduce the symptoms of hot flashes before menopause
If you follow all the recommendations of the doctor, actively engage in sports, eat right and have a positive outlook on life, then the tides will not bother you.
The use of special drugs designed to reduce the symptoms of menopause in women is mandatory. But besides this, it is worth paying close attention to the available techniques, which allow if not to get rid of completely, then at least alleviate the condition of a woman in this difficult period for her.
In addition, you need clean and cool air in any room where you will be located - from the working office to the bedroom. Regular airing will help you feel much better.
Additional tips for improving women's well-being
In addition, you should pay attention to your diet. Regular consumption of plant foods with a minimum amount of fat and spices allows you to feel much better. Foods rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as olive oil, red fish varieties, and nuts, should be introduced into the daily diet.
Active sports help to improve the overall physical condition of the body, make it more resilient. In particular honor for women over the age of 40 years, swimming, aerobics, fitness, yoga - these sports improve blood circulation, heal the entire body, give vigor and the necessary charge of energy for everyday life.
If you suffer from hot flashes, sweat, feel uncomfortable, you should seek help from a specialist (to do this, just go to our website http: //45plyus.rf/registration/) Consultation with a doctor will certainly help you find the best way to treat climacteric manifestations.
The mechanism of the occurrence of hot flashes, symptoms
During menopause in the aging process, the ovaries no longer produce a sufficient amount of female sex hormones, which affects the functioning of the thermoregulation system. The central nervous system and hormones play a major role in regulating body temperature. Any change in ambient temperature is captured by the nerve endings (thermoreceptors) of the skin and internal organs and transmitted to the brain (the center of thermoregulation is located in the hypothalamus).
From here, hormones give signals that regulate blood circulation and metabolism. Normal body temperature is maintained by increasing or decreasing sweating, narrowing or expanding blood vessels, compressing or relaxing muscles. Hormonal failure leads to distortion of signals. Therefore, for no apparent reason, the woman suddenly begins to flush: increased sweating, sensation of heat in the upper part of the body. When this occurs, an accelerated heartbeat, weakness. Often there is nausea, dizziness, anxiety. After a few minutes, the fever gives way to chills.
Sweating is so strong that you want to change clothes. This condition can be repeated several times during the day. If the tides during menopause bother at night, then the woman appears insomnia. Lack of full sleep affects mood. Irritability and fatigue leads to decreased performance.
The main cause of tides during menopause is a change in hormonal levels. Naturally, women come to the attending physician with questions about whether they will soon have tides, how to get rid of them as soon as possible. As a rule, there is no exact answer. The frequency and intensity of such attacks, as well as all other manifestations, depend on the characteristics of the organism, emotional state, lifestyle.
The effect of tidal manifestations is influenced by the following factors:
- ambient temperature (climate of the area, time of year),
- living and working conditions (hot flashes are worse if the woman is in a poorly ventilated, smoky room),
- eating spicy and salty foods, as well as alcoholic beverages and coffee, stimulating the nervous system, stimulating blood circulation, enhancing the excretion of heat in the body,
- taking fat burning drugs for weight loss, enhancing metabolism,
- use in the period of menopause medications that accelerate blood circulation, increase heart rate and increase pressure,
- strong excitement, stressful situations at home and at work,
- the choice of the wrong clothes (not according to the season or from synthetic materials),
- excessive exercise.
How can I alleviate hot flashes
First of all, care must be taken to maintain physical fitness and immunity. Hiking, sports, staying in the open air allow you to get rid of stress and depression during menopause, train your heart and blood vessels, normalize blood pressure.
Clothing is very important. Synthetic materials do not let the air through, making it difficult to release heat. In addition, they do not absorb sweat, which contributes to the appearance of an unpleasant smell. In clothes made from natural materials, it is easier to tolerate changes in body temperature. If the menopause is disturbed by hot flashes, then it is recommended to abandon warm woolen clothes with high and closed collars. Clothing should be sufficiently loose, preferably with a button closure or a zipper in the front. It is advisable to dress so that you can easily remove some of the things.
It is recommended during high tides, if possible, take a shower. This procedure will help to sweat, it helps to reduce body temperature, and also has a relaxing effect on the nervous system.
Of great importance is a good rest and healthy sleep. It is not recommended to overeat at night, watch TV shows alarming content. It is easier to carry the tides, to maintain composure helps yoga classes, breathing exercises and other relaxing procedures.
Addition: During hot flashes, much fluid is lost from sweat. Dehydration of the body increases the unpleasant symptoms, causes headache, dry mouth. To alleviate the condition with menopause, it is recommended to use at least 2 liters of water per day. A bottle of water and a fan should always be on hand. This will help to more easily carry unpleasant manifestations of hot flashes.
The value of vitamins and nutrition during menopause
In a woman who suffers hot flashes with menopause and other symptoms, proper nutrition plays an important role. Food should be light and full. It is recommended to use more fruits and vegetables, as they are rich in vitamins, contain fiber, which improves digestion.
Dairy products are an indispensable source of calcium, which is necessary for strengthening bone and dental tissue. Fish and seafood contain vitamin D, without which the absorption of magnesium is impossible. This element is involved in the regulation of the nervous system.
You must eat walnuts, rye bread and other foods containing magnesium. This will help in the fight against insomnia and irritability. Potassium is necessary for normal heart function (it is abundant in nuts, dried fruits, and beans).
After consulting with a doctor, you can take complexes that contain both essential minerals and vitamins, the lack of which worsens health, aggravates the manifestations of menopause. Especially important for women after 45 years are these vitamins:
- E - stimulates the activity of the ovaries, the production of estrogen and progesterone. It is necessary to improve the condition of blood vessels, blood pressure regulation. Brown rice, beans, potatoes, avocados, green peas are especially rich in this vitamin.
- B1 and B6 - to relieve anxiety, improve sleep and mood. These vitamins are found in oatmeal and buckwheat groats, nuts, bananas, leafy vegetables, peas, avocados.
- D - for the absorption of calcium and magnesium. The main sources are eggs, fatty fish, butter, cheese, fish caviar, milk.
- C - participates in the process of thermoregulation of the body. It is found in citrus fruits, black currants, dogrose, tomatoes, apricots, bell peppers.
- And - is an antioxidant. It is necessary to strengthen the immune system. Contained in liver, butter, eggs, whole milk, as well as in carrots, pumpkin, parsley.
Treatment of hot flashes, irritability and other manifestations of menopause
If minor ailments are not very disturbed, then it is recommended to take vitamins as a preventive measure. They are useful during menopause, not only because they help get rid of hot flashes, but also strengthen the body's defenses. Such means help to overcome stressful situations easier, to struggle with depression.
Taking vitamins, you can slow down the aging process of the body, smooth the manifestations of hot flashes during menopause. They help to care for skin, hair, keep healthy teeth. Pleasant appearance, young appearance uplifting, give an incentive to lead an active life. At the same time, psycho-emotional loads and tides that appear during this period are more easily tolerated.
Use of hormone replacement therapy to relieve hot flashes
Hormonal changes taking place, fatigue and nervous tension, a depressed state of mind contribute to the emergence of serious diseases of the mammary glands, cardiovascular disorders, and a persistent increase in blood pressure. As a result of frequent and prolonged hot flashes and the accompanying depletion of the nervous system, the likelihood of such diseases increases.
In these cases, only a doctor can help. After examination and clarification of the nature of deviations in health status, treatment is prescribed with the help of special preparations. To do this, use hormone replacement therapy, which affect the content in the body of female sex hormones. Apply this method of treatment is not always possible. Before prescribing replacement therapy, a blood test is conducted to examine the general health condition of the patient to relieve hot flashes.
This treatment does not apply if there are cancers (breast, uterus, skin), as well as vascular diseases (thrombophlebitis, for example) or diseases associated with impaired immunity. HRT is not prescribed in the presence of pathologies in the liver, pancreas. Hormonal drugs are not used to treat hot flashes with menopause, if a woman has heavy bleeding associated with impaired ovarian function, endometrial diseases, and uterine myoma. The method does not apply to severe deviations in the work of the heart.
Such funds are used only as prescribed by a doctor, a woman’s condition is checked 1-2 times a year. Pre-established hormone levels in the blood. Before the use of hormonal drugs is done mammography, ultrasound of the mammary glands and organs of the small pelvis, a cardiological examination is conducted. Blood coagulability is checked.
Most HRT drugs are used in the form of tablets or dragees (Estrovel, Individual, Klimonorm, Ovestin, Norcolut, and others). For treatment, use the patch "Klimara", which is pasted in the spine or on the buttocks. The drugs are also available in the form of gels (estrozhel).
In some cases, if there are contraindications to the use of hormone therapy, the doctor prescribes antidepressants (ephevelon, Velaxin, adepress and others) to relieve hot flashes. They reduce the frequency of attacks of heat and sweating due to the impact on the blood vessels.
The use of phytohormones in menopause
Often for the treatment of hot flashes, as well as women's diseases, drugs are used, which include phytohormones. These substances are of vegetable origin. They are not hormones, but act on the body like estrogen and progesterone. Such means are the most suitable for those women who do not dare to be treated by methods of hormonal therapy, knowing that synthetic hormonal drugs after 5 years of use often lead to oncological diseases. In addition, for menopause, they are suitable for patients for whom hormone replacement therapy is contraindicated.
Phytohormones, getting into the body, increase or decrease the activity of estrogen, depending on their content in the body. Phytoestrogens are found in herbal products: red grapes, pomegranates, dates, carrots, apples, whole grains of wheat, rice, beans. For the manufacture of medicines are also used herbs (red clover, sage).
The use of products or preparations containing phytoestrogens, reduces the frequency and duration of hot flashes during menopause, reduce sweating. They have a calming effect, help get rid of irritability. Such means reduce pressure, a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
A warning: We should not forget that plants and drugs based on them cause a strong allergic reaction. Therefore, treatment of hot flashes with herbal preparations is not suitable for everyone. Before you buy medicine, you should consult with your doctor.
Qi-Klim. The preparation contains the root of Rhodiola four parts (red brush). Этим средством можно восстановить нормальное соотношение гормонов, благодаря чему не только снизится степень проявления приливов и других симптомов менопаузы, но и укрепится иммунитет. Препарат оказывает противовоспалительное действие, способствует снижению уровня холестерина в крови.
Klimadinon - средство эстрогеноподобного действия. The composition includes an extract of the herbaceous plant cimicifugu (snake root). When used, the frequency and intensity of the tides decreases.
Ladys formula "Menopause" - a vitamin complex on a vegetable basis. Made using passiflora extract. Contains vitamins E and a group of vitamins B, as well as mineral components: boron, magnesium and others.
Remens - homeopathic tonic effect. The composition contains an extract of cimicifugu, rhizome sanguinaria, sepia (ink cuttlefish), lachesis (snake venom). It is used to compensate for estrogen deficiency, relieve menopause symptoms, including hot flashes.
Bath sage infusion
During hot flashes, the following procedure helps well: as soon as the sensation of heat appears, you must put your feet in a basin of hot water. In this case, the hands must be raised up. Body temperature quickly returns to normal due to the expansion of blood vessels and increased blood flow. The procedure helps to reduce pressure.
An effective way to relax the nervous system, eliminate anxiety, improve sleep, and reduce the frequency and duration of hot flashes is a sage infusion bath (7 tablespoons of 1.5 liter boiling water). After straining the infusion is added to a water bath (temperature 37 ° -40 °). The duration of such a procedure is 10-15 minutes. Bath take before bedtime.
Causes of heat in menopause
The main cause of uncontrolled attacks of fever, in menopause, is the lack of estrogen. This hormone is produced by the ovaries and, acting on the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus, supports the natural normal hormones, which in turn ensures the proper functioning of the nervous system and metabolic processes. With the onset of menopause, the production of this substance is significantly reduced, which causes disruptions in the work of the autonomic nervous system.
However, not all women experience severe seizures, and according to doctors, the following factors contribute to the condition:
- Unbalanced nutrition
- Junk food abuse
- Drinking coffee and black tea
- Tobacco smoking
- Drinking alcoholic beverages,
- Frequent stress
- Uncontrolled medication,
- Lack of rest,
- Tight synthetic clothing,
- Unventilated stuffy rooms,
- Inadequate exercise,
- Being near heating devices.
Important! If you eliminate all these negative factors, the frequency of tides and their intensity can be reduced by 2-3 times.
Also, the cause of intense hot flashes can be a pathology of the thyroid gland or other endocrine diseases. For this reason, if during menopause, periodically throws into a fever, you should contact your gynecologist or endocrinologist to determine the cause of the deviation.
What do you mean, throws into heat
It is difficult for patients who have not reached menopausal age to understand how it throws into a fever. However, those women who once experienced a tide, I will not confuse him with any other ailment. Distinctive features of tides are:
- Hot wave covering the chest, neck and face.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Rapid pulse and fear.
- Increased sweating.
After an attack, which normally lasts no more than a few minutes, the patient experiences a feeling of weakness and headache. Pathology is considered to be prolonged attacks from 15 to 60 minutes or too frequent flushes, from 20 times in essence. Such deviations require urgent examination and medical correction of hormonal levels.
However, rare tides can significantly reduce the quality of life, especially if the attack proceeds quite hard. In this situation, you also need to contact a doctor who will prescribe special drugs for the treatment of menopausal syndrome.
What to do if during menopause throws into heat
Women who have experienced a tide attack should follow the following guidelines to alleviate the condition:
- Drink a glass of cold water and wash your face, neck and chest. Water will help reduce body temperature and pressure.
- Remove excess clothing, unbutton the collar and get out into the fresh air. In the summer time helps to stay near the fan.
- Take it easy. If necessary, drink a sedative, panic and anxiety only increase the attack.
- Breathe deeply and calmly. Respiratory gymnastics allows you to calm down and calm the heartbeat.
Also, if there is such an opportunity, you can take a cool shower. Remember that during this period it is recommended to wear light spacious clothing made from natural fabrics.
Attention! If the tides are tolerated heavily and significantly reduce the quality of life, you should contact a specialist.
Traditional and folk treatment
Prevention and therapy of heat in menopause can be carried out with both medication and prescriptions of traditional medicine. However, doctors advise the use of complex treatment, which does not relieve of a specific symptom, but improves overall well-being.
The following drugs may be included in the complex therapy:
- Hormonal drugs. Treatment with hormone therapy removes all manifestations of menopause, but has a number of contraindications and side effects. Synthetic drugs are prescribed for severe menopause and high risk of developing such comorbidities as osteoparosis, heart failure, hypertension, etc. However, HRT is contraindicated in already existing chronic diseases and high oncological vigilance.
- Sedatives. These funds are indispensable in the complex treatment of menostases. When during menopause it throws into fever, the nervous system suffers most. Subconsciously, a woman begins to be afraid of attacks, constantly experiencing and listening to herself. This tension invariably leads to exacerbation of symptoms, and may also contribute to the development of various psychological deviations, including severe depression.
- Homeopathy and folk recipes. These funds are assigned when it is impossible to conduct HRT. They have practically no contraindications and can significantly improve the well-being of a woman in menopause. However, self-administration of these drugs is strictly prohibited, because with the existing chronic pathologies of various kinds, it is possible to aggravate their course.
- Antidepressants. This group of drugs is prescribed for pronounced depressive states. If a woman stops to take care of herself, refuses to communicate with people and does not lead the household, we can safely say that she develops depression. Antidepressants should be taken under the supervision of a doctor in order to avoid addiction, and subsequently withdrawal syndrome.
What is tide
Tide it is a condition in which there is a sharp increase in body temperature, and then its decrease. This symptom is characterized by intense sweating, blood flow to the upper part of the body. This happens because of the restructuring of the woman's body at the hormonal level.
That hormonal disruptions provoke a sudden and short-term occurrence of heat in the body.
Tides can flow with strong intensity, and can be practically imperceptible. The woman feels the heat, after a while he subsides. Thermal jump is a consequence of the failure of the body's thermostatic function.
Main symptoms in women
Symptoms of the occurrence of heat in each woman can be expressed differently.
There are other related signs that may occur during menopause:
- nausea, urge to vomit,
- excessive sweating
- increase in body temperature for a short period of time,
- propensity to urinate frequently.
Often these symptoms occur at night.. Then the woman feels tired, lack of sleep, which causes nervousness, irritability and anxiety during the day.
To reduce the severity of temperature fluctuations in the body, you can consult a doctor to pick up the means to alleviate the condition.
What are the reasons why fever can return after menopause
When it would seem hormonal background stabilized, the tides should
stop. But periodically there is the same condition as during menopause. Read also about how long the tides last during menopause.
Why is this happening? What are the reasons why the thermoregulatory apparatus in the body can be broken?
The appearance of heat after menopause is a fairly common phenomenon, only in this period are temperature fluctuations less noticeable, their frequency is much less, perspiration is not as abundant as at the beginning of the climacteric period.
After menopause tides are directly related to cardiovascular activity: the expansion of blood vessels. The reaction of vascular dilation is provoked by neuropeptides.
The amount of neuropeptides is hereditary. They contribute to the fact that the body tolerates thermal vibrations, as well as neuropeptides affect other processes:
- intestinal peristalsis,
- feeling of pain
- stress resistance.
Scientists have concluded that the return of the occurrence of seizures is genetic. According to the study, it became known that it is under the action of certain hormones that neuropeptides can mutate and contribute to the occurrence of hot flashes. As you know, the average ratio of hormones in the body can be inherited.
If the heat and sweating after menopause are not associated with the action of neuropeptides, then they may be associated with diseases or pathologies in the body.
Causes of fever not related to menopause
The process of normalizing a stable temperature regime depends on several factors:
- general vascular tone in the body. These include all the vessels of the body, including vessels of the mucous systems and superficial skin,
- endocrine disruption. Affect the work of the thyroid gland, pancreas, adrenal glands, which, in turn, can provoke malfunctions of the cardiovascular system and thermoregulation processes,
- malfunction of the hypothalamus (Department of the brain), whose function includes the processes of maintaining a stable body temperature.
Tides that are not associated with menopause may be temporary due to the state of the hormonal background at a certain point or time.
Violation of thermoregulation in this case may occur for the reason:
- of pregnancy. During pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, there is a sharp hormonal adjustment. The hormone estrogen decreases, adrenaline is released. This circumstance causes the expansion of blood vessels and temperature increase
- menses. Hot flashes during menstruation, which occur in 30 years or more, are harbingers of early menopause. Possibly, the ovaries are impaired. Sometimes during menstruation hormonal fluctuations occur that contribute to the occurrence of hot flashes,
- eating spicy food. Taste tides occur due to the influence of spicy food on the mucous membranes of the digestive tract, which provoke the activation of the sympathetic nervous system. There is sweating and a short-term rise in body temperature,
- effects of alcohol. Alcohol in small quantities can not cause excessive sweating, although the feeling of heat due to the influence of alcohol on the vessels may occur. When drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, the body tries to cope with a large number of toxins by releasing them with a liquid, so in this situation there is excessive sweating and fever.
In addition to tides caused by temporary phenomena, disturbances in thermoregulation may occur, which cause systematic tides. You can get rid of them only after curing the disease, which provokes a rise in body temperature.
Disorders of the thyroid gland
Malfunction of the thyroid gland contributes to the violation of the process of thermoregulation and reduce vascular tone. In this case, there are two main processes that provoke a malfunction of the gland:
- hypothyroidism. It is caused by a dysfunction of the thyroid gland with an incorrect production of hormones. This pathology is often manifested by signs: lethargy, fatigue, weight gain, swelling, tides. In this case, the tides occur quite rarely, but some cases of heat appear to be,
- hyperthyroidism. Characterized by enhanced hormone secretion by the thyroid gland and hyperactive gland activity. In this case, there is a sharp weight loss, insomnia, irritability, frequent rapid heartbeat, bulge of the eyeballs. Tides in this case are a characteristic sign of the disease.
Nerve cell dysfunction
This pathology refers to vegetative dystonia and is characterized by frequent flushes.. This happens due to the violation of thermoregulatory processes between local receptors and the central part of the brain. In practice, the disease has a hereditary predisposition, can occur in women with an increased psycho-emotional nature. Symptoms of illness and hot flashes can occur as a result of stressful situations.
Adrenal gland malfunction
The function of the adrenal glands includes the production of norepinephrine and adrenaline, which are directly involved in ensuring normal body temperature and ensuring the normal tone of the vascular system. Inflammatory processes in the adrenal glands provoke an increased production of adrenaline, as a result of which there is profuse sweating, nervousness, and hot flashes.
A tumor in the hypothalamus contributes to the inhibition of the function of a given area of the brain, which leads to impaired thermoregulation and the appearance of hot flashes. When tumors are formed in the area of the stomach, intestines, they can signal the presence of a tumor, provoking thermal processes.
This behavior of the organism in this case is a side effect on the tumor.
Infectious processes in the body
Processes in the body, having an inflammatory infectious nature, can provoke hot flashes and excessive sweating. Such diseases include AIDS, tuberculosis, pneumonia.
You can trace the effect of drugs by canceling them temporarily or replacing them with others.
Thus, the tides are a natural process, which is associated with the activity of individual organs in the body. Tides during menopause is an inevitable process. Some carry the tides easily, others face difficulties, fatigue and heavy perspiration. If tides occur for other reasons than menopause, then most likely heredity or pathological processes in organisms cause hot flashes and excessive sweating.
What to do if during menopause throws into heat
Climax - a complex of hormonal changes that lead to the physiological extinction of female reproductive function.
In 2-3 cases out of 10, disturbances in the climacteric restructuring of the woman’s body lead to the development of the menopausal syndrome.
One of its signs is uncontrolled and discomforting tides of heat to the upper body. What to do if during menopause throws into heat: is it possible to cope with the problem on its own?
Causes of heat during menopause
The main cause of hot flashes in menopause is estrogen deficiency in the body of the weaker sex. In addition, the heat and sweating during menopause may occur or increase in the background:
- illiterately composed ration,
- abuse of too fatty foods, hot spices, hot dishes, sweets,
- drinking strong coffee,
- addictions to cigarettes,
- stay in a stressful situation,
- psycho-emotional overload
- alcohol abuse,
- wearing too tight underwear, synthetic clothing,
- long stay in stuffy, heated rooms,
- too frequent visits to saunas, baths.
In addition, the cause of the occurrence of hot flashes in the menopausal period can be grueling physical activity, intense exercise.
- dress according to the weather
- give up clothes made of synthetic fabrics and silk,
- give preference to clothing made of linen, cotton or viscose,
- observe drinking mode, always carry a bottle of chilled water,
- wear free clothes,
- refuse to wear tight underwear or tight suits,
- avoid staying in stuffy, hot rooms,
- regularly use cosmetics that minimize sweat secretion by narrowing the ducts of the sebaceous glands,
- stop smoking
- minimize alcohol consumption
- give preference to healthy foods: eat more vegetables, greens, low-fat meats, fruits, seeds and nuts,
- avoid stressful situations
- protect yourself from excessive physical exertion,
- monitor body weight.
In the absence of results from non-drug therapy, a woman may be recommended treatment with vitamin complexes and homeopathic preparations. In particular, fever and sweating during menopause can be eliminated by the following means:
- Lady’s formula Menopause,
The choice of medication, determining its dosage and duration of use should be dealt with by a doctor.Self-treatment with the use of hormonal agents can not only increase hot flushes and increase sweating during menopause, but also lead to the development of dangerous complications.
In difficult clinical cases, the heat during menopause is removed by hormonal drugs.
Treatment of climacteric tides folk remedies
In most cases, reduce the frequency of hot flashes with the help of traditional medicine. Medicines that relieve fever and eliminate excessive sweating, you can prepare yourself according to the following recipes.
- In a liter thermos pour 4 tablespoons chopped sage herbs and fill it to the brim with boiling water. Mixture insist 45-50 minutes, filtered through a folded gauze cloth. Drink a drink instead of tea without restrictions or use it to prepare a warm healing bath.
- Prepare chamomile tea (a tablespoon of inflorescences in 2 glasses of water, wait 30-37 minutes), filter. Drink the drug without restriction for 4 days, then take an eight-day break and resume therapy.
- Prepare a mixture of valerian roots, stems and peppermint leaves (1 part), chamomile inflorescences (2 parts). A handful of collecting pour liter of boiling water, put in heat for 2 hours, then pass through a sieve. Drink herbal tea without restrictions on the volume.
- Measure out a teaspoon of bee pollen and eat it 15-30 minutes before the morning meal. Wash the medicine with a glass of slightly warmed water.
- Grate raw beets, squeeze juice out of a slurry, combine it with liquid bee honey 1: 1. How to get rid of tides using the mixture? Very simple: it is enough to take it orally for 7 teaspoons three times a day. Treatment according to the described algorithm is carried out for 13 days, then take a six-day break.
- Pour into a glass a large handful of chopped valerian roots and fill it to the top with boiling water. Infuse the mixture for 8-10 hours, filter the liquid and drink it chilled, 8 teaspoons per day.
- Grind the young white willow bark, pour it into a pot of boiling water (per liter of liquid - 2/3 cups of phytopreparation), boil for 12-14 minutes, insist half an hour. Strained drink to drink a glass per day.
- Waking up in the morning, drink a gulp of flaxseed oil. After 7-8 minutes, wash it down with a glass of warm water. If desired, you can replace the oil with a tablespoon of flaxseed.
- Mix chopped mint leaves, lemon balm leaves and lime blossom (listed ingredients should be taken in equal amounts). Brew a handful of collecting in a liter of boiling water, it is good to insist, filter through a tea strainer. Take infusion without restriction on volume.
- Pour half a cup of chopped oregano grass into a liter jar, fill the container to the top with boiled water. Insist the composition for 2 hours, filter well. Insist a drink for the day. Treat tides according to the described scheme should be within a week. After this period, a four-day break should be taken.
- Pour a handful of dried rosemary leaves into a saucepan with boiling water (3 cups), boil for 25 minutes, cool, then pass through cheesecloth. Prepared drink to drink, like tea.
- Pour a glass of dried and crushed hawthorn fruit with 3 cups of vodka, leave for 24 days in a shaded cold place. Strained tincture to take 90 drops per day, dividing the daily dose into several doses.
- Brew a handful of lime-colored boiling water (2.5 cups), insist 35-40 minutes. Infusion drink like tea.
- Heat the water to 40-42 degrees, pour it into a small basin and lower the legs into it for 25 minutes. Treatment of heat and sweating according to the described scheme is carried out at bedtime.
- Boil a glass of water, pour a teaspoon of crushed oak bark into it, boil for 15 minutes, cool. Filtered decoction divided into 6 servings and drink per day.
- Prepare a collection of grass marsh forage, blueberry leaves and sage, clover flowers (take all the components in the same quantity). In a liter thermos to throw a handful of herbal mixture and pour 4-4.5 cups of boiling water. Infuse the mixture for 12 hours, filter well. Drink the resulting tea every 4 hours for half a glass.
- Mix the herb valerian, sage and horsetail (1: 3: 1). Pour a tablespoon of the collection into the teapot, pour 1.5 cups of boiling water, leave for 15 minutes. Drink half a glass of infusion every 12 hours. After 13 days, take a thirteen-day break, then resume therapy.
- Prepare a vegetable mixture of grass marsh dried larch, lemon balm, dried hawthorn fruit (1 part), motherwort (2 parts) and blackberry leaves (3 parts). Pour 2 teaspoons of herbs into a glass, fill it with boiling water, leave for 55 minutes. Filtered means to drink a day.
- A handful of dried dill seeds insist in boiling water (450 ml) for at least an hour. Infusion to dilute with water half and take it for 2 sips every 6 hours.
- Red clover flowers (17 pieces) brew a glass of boiling water, insist 9-10 hours. Daily drink 2 sips of infusion on an empty stomach.
- Download to the juicer 350 grams of peeled carrots, 150 grams of spinach, 200 grams of celery stalk and 100 grams of parsley, squeeze the juice. Take a drink in a quarter cup a day.
- Boil 3 handfuls of chopped wormwood grass in 2 liters of water for 20 minutes. Filter the broth and prepare a warm bath based on it. The duration of water procedures should not exceed a quarter of an hour.
- Boil a handful of Hypericum flowers in 2 cups of water for 5 minutes, insist 1.5 hours. Take the medicine once a day for 3 sips.
- Prepare a collection of strawberry and raspberry leaves, grass of a goose pasty and yarrow, oak bark (2: 1: 1: 1: 2). Dip in a half-liter jar filled with boiling water, 2 tablespoons of the mixture, infuse for 17-19 minutes, pass through a tea strainer. Drink infusion every 3.5 hours for 2 sips.
It is important to understand that the agents described may have contraindications and undesirable effects. Therefore, before using any of them, it is advisable to consult a doctor or an experienced herbalist.
How to get rid of the heat during menopause
Women's health all the time depends on hormonal surges. Menstruation, pregnancy and menopause are the most stressful periods for the body. But the climax among them is a real “champion”: headache, suffocation, sweating, heat flushes to the face. The greatest discomfort for women is a sudden sensation of heat, localized in the upper part of the body. How to get rid of it?
There are several factors that provoke an increase in the intensity of heat attacks and an increase in the frequency of their occurrence:
- Improper nutrition. Too spicy, sweet, fatty and hot dishes cause a new “portion” of hot flashes. Also, drinking strong coffee and tea has a negative effect on a woman’s well-being.
- Bad habits. Climacteric is a good time to quit drinking and smoking. Such activities are bad for the condition of the blood vessels and cause frequent heat.
- Heat and heat. There is a high probability that, while in a very heated room, a woman will experience another hot bout. Therefore, it should avoid baths, saunas and rooms without air conditioning.
- Nervous experiences. Strong stress is not always the best way affects the physical condition of a person. During menopause, a woman becomes even more sensitive to any failures. Sometimes even ordinary tiredness can cause a surge in menopause symptoms.
- Inconvenient clothes. This is especially true underwear. Too tight panties and crushing bra can really ruin a day, provoking a surge of heat.
- Excessive exercise. Having reached a certain age, a woman should slow down a little the pace of her life. At least in terms of physical exertion. Exhausting classes in the gym will not so much improve the physical form as provoke sweating, fever, perspiration on the face.
A woman can significantly reduce the discomfort that accompanies the period of menopause, if she avoids the above situations. This is not so difficult, and the effect will justify the effort.
Before turning to not always safe medications, you should try to get rid of the heat with the help of folk remedies, such as:
- Sage tea. It is necessary to pour boiling water 1 tsp. herbs and let it brew. For 2 weeks you should replace the usual tea sage.
- Soothing tea. You will need to mix 2 tbsp. l chamomile and 1 tbsp. l valerian and mint. From the resulting herbal platter, you must take 2 tbsp. l and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water over them. After 3 hours, the infusion should be filtered. Drink need to drink for 20 minutes. before meals.
- Pollen. She needs to feast on for 15 minutes. before breakfast. The portion should not be large: 1 tsp is enough.
- Beet Juice It is necessary to squeeze the juice from a fresh root. Then mix it in half with honey. Drink 0.3 cups three times a day. Drink relieves irritability, thereby reducing the number of stressful situations and, as a result, the likelihood of hot flashes decreases.
- Valerian infusion. It should be poured a small amount of boiling water 1 tbsp. l chopped valerian roots and let them stand for 7-9 hours. Eat infusion need three times a day and 1 tbsp. l
- Tea from white willow bark. It is important that the bark be collected in early spring, even before the appearance of the first leaves. However, in modern realities, it can be easily purchased at a pharmacy. Need to pour into boiling water 2 tbsp. l finely chopped bark and boil on low heat for 10 min. Let it brew for 5-7 minutes. and strain. Drink must be consumed in the form of heat 5 times a day.
- Flax seeds. You can use them in the form of oil, and in the form of seeds. They significantly reduce the severity of "hot" symptoms of menopause.
- Simple moves. They will help to quickly stop the incipient heat. At the first symptoms of approaching high tide, you must raise your arms and put your feet in a basin of hot water.
Many women manage to improve their state of health, following the popular recipes. But if the discomfort continues to accompany the period of menopause, you should consult a doctor to prescribe medication.
Medical treatment of hot flashes
In severe cases, the doctor prescribes hormones. Such therapy is extremely undesirable because of the risks it creates, such as:
- weight gain
- development of cancer,
- bleeding disorders and blood clots,
- digestive problems.
Phytopreparations and vitamin complexes are much more benign and popular. They relieve hot flashes and do not cause damage to health. Doctors usually recommend one of the following medications:
- Bonisan, capsules, gel. It consists of soy isoflavones, facilitating the manifestation of the main symptoms of menopause. The average cost is 350 rubles. for 24 capsules, 280 rubles. for 50 ml of gel.
- Estrovel tablets. In the composition of herbal remedies extract of cimicifuga racimoza and soy, vitamins, amino acids. Eliminates hot flashes, bouts of sweating, smoothes hormone imbalance. Approximate price - 430 rubles. for 30 tablets.
- Klimadinon, pills, drops. In its composition extract of racimosa zimitsifugi. Soothes the nervous system, reduces the severity of menopausal symptoms. On average, it costs 350 rubles. for 50 ml of drops, 470 rubles. for 60 tablets.
- Qi-Klim, tablets. Improves emotional well-being, completely relieve hot flashes. In the composition - an extract of cicimephalus racimosa. Average price - 150 rubles. for 60 tablets.
- Menopace, pills, capsules. Vitamin complex. Regulates hormonal imbalance, compensates for the lack of vitamins. A set of 28 capsules and 28 tablets costs 890 rubles.
- Ladys formula "Menopause" tablets. Vitamin complex. It returns emotional balance, smoothes the lack of hormones, reduces the intensity of hot flashes. Estimated price - 630 rubles. for 30 tablets.
Sometimes it is enough for a woman to take homeopathic remedies to forget about the tides. For example, Klimaktoplan (600 rubles for 100 tablets), Klimaksan (150 rubles for 40 tablets) or Klimalanin (480 rubles for 30 tablets) will do.
Since each organism is individual, only the attending physician should deal with the selection of drugs.
How to simplify your life during menopause
Since the hot flashes, despite all the efforts of a woman, will still sometimes disturb her, these rules should be followed:
- Dress multi-layered. It is much easier to take off 2 light blouses and stay in one more than to suffer in a warm woolen sweater the whole evening, staying in a room with a burning fireplace.
- Prefer cotton, viscose and linen. This is the most suitable tissue for the period of menopause. Silk and all types of synthetics should be avoided. The same goes for bed linen: it should be cotton.
- Wear loose clothing. If the love for tight-fitting outfits is too strong, it should be traced at least to the fact that the chosen clothes do not have tight and excessively high collars.
- Carry water. A small bottle of ice water will help relieve the sudden heat.
- Do not overheat. Arriving in the summer to rest on the sea, you must make sure that the room was equipped with air conditioning and a refrigerator where you can store drinks. If possible, you should also use a fan. Before bed you need to take a cool shower.
- Do not hurry. It is better to go 15 minutes. earlier from home than rushing through the city at a gallop in order not to be late for a meeting.
- Sleep on the big bed. If in the winter the warmth of the husband lying next to him can be very useful, in the summer period it will only worsen the woman’s well-being. Therefore, it is better to take care that there is a place in the bed for a “maneuver”.
The menopause period can be the best time in a woman’s life, because she has a chance to live exclusively for herself. But to take advantage of this opportunity, you must, if not get rid of, then at least alleviate the symptoms of menopause. And then life will be even more beautiful than it was in 20 years.
When menopause flushes: what to do and how to remove the tides? .
Uninterrupted operation of almost all systems of internal organs provide estrogen and progesterone. When menopause occurs, the level of sex hormones begins to decrease, and various symptoms characteristic of menopause appear.
If during menopause it throws into a fever, experienced specialists will be able to prompt you and prescribe special medications to help alleviate the manifestation of this symptom and improve overall well-being. It's so necessary, especially when the attacks of heat are accompanied by migraines and dizziness, contributing to the disruption of healthy sleep and the shaking of the nervous system.
Climax can begin at any age: if many people still in 55–56 do not even think about it, then others begin to feel its first manifestations from 41–42 years old. Therefore, to ensure normal life it is necessary to know how to deal with tides, and what to do so that menopausal symptoms do not deprive a woman of all the pleasures and joy in life.
Education mechanisms and symptoms of hot flashes
With the onset of menopause, the ovaries begin to reduce their functionality, and the level of hormones in the body also begins to decrease, which affects the performance of the thermal control system in the body.
Sexual hormones and the central nervous system take part in the temperature regulation of the body.
Any temperature fluctuations in the environment capture special thermal receptors in the skin and external organs, and transmit the information to the hypothalamus.
So with the help of estrogen impulses are transmitted, aimed at adjusting the rate of metabolism and blood flow through the vessels. The optimal state of the body with the maintenance of a certain level of temperature is regulated by enhancing or reducing the functioning of the sweat glands, expanding or narrowing the walls of blood vessels, as well as toning or relaxing the muscle tissue.
Hormonal changes in the body, arising from the onset of menopause, lead to a distortion of the transmitted impulses in the hypothalamus. As a result, a woman may suddenly have hot flashes, characterized by increased sweating and a sensation of heat over the entire surface of the upper body. At the same time, concomitant symptoms occur:
- accelerated heart rate,
- feeling weak
- feelings of fear from the emerging sensation of suffocation.
Attack of the tide continues for a couple of minutes, after which the feeling of heat is sharply replaced by a feeling of chills.
The functioning of the sweat glands can be so intense that due to copious sweating, women often have to change clothes and even bedding at night. Hot flashes can occur several times in a single day.
If the tides during menopause occur predominantly at night, then insomnia begins to bother the woman, which subsequently affects the psycho-emotional state.
There is a feeling of irritability and constant fatigue, which together contribute to a decrease in the level of physical endurance.
Factors contributing to increased tides
Hormonal restructuring of the female body is the main cause of the formation of attacks of blood flow. And all women faced with this symptom begin to worry about how to get rid of the tides during menopause and what to do to improve overall well-being?
It is known that the frequency of occurrence and intensity of the flow of tides directly depend on the individual characteristics of the organism, psycho-emotional state and way of life. The following factors contribute to a more intense course of an attack of blood flow:
- climatic conditions: air temperature corresponding to a certain season,
- conditions of home and workplace (a woman feels more intense attacks of hot flashes if her job is to stay in a closed room, where there is no access to fresh air),
- improper diet, including a variety of spicy and fatty foods, alcoholic and coffee drinks, acting on the nervous system as stimuli and enhancing the blood circulation processes, due to which the heat receptors are activated, and the body begins to produce excess energy and heat,
- the use of drugs that enhance metabolism and promote rapid weight loss, thanks to the active burning of fats,
- the use of drugs that have a stimulating effect on the increased blood circulation, pulsation and increase in blood pressure in menopause,
- frequent stressful situations, accompanied by strong emotion,
- warm and dense things
- excessive physical activity.
What can and should be done to prevent tides?
The first step is to maintain physical fitness and immunity with:
- sports activities
- frequent stay on the street, which will help get rid of stress and depression, as well as normalize blood pressure and cardiovascular system.
Also a huge role in the general well-being of a woman is played by her clothes. It is not recommended to wear things from synthetics, through which the air does not pass, and the processes of heat release are hampered at times. Things made of natural fiber, contribute to an easier flow of temperature fluctuations of the body.
With frequent high tides during menopause, it is not recommended to wear items made of woolen and thick materials, especially with collars. Clothes should be light and spacious. Outerwear should be chosen so that it was not too hot, and it could easily be removed at any time.
At high tides, a shower is recommended whenever possible. This will help get rid of sweat, relax and cool down a bit. Moreover, with the help of this procedure, the nervous system will relax and all fatigue will disappear.
A huge role in the climacteric period is played by healthy sleep and timely rest. Before evening sleep it is better to exclude overeating and watching television with alarming content. For easier flow of hot flashes, it is recommended to perform breathing exercises or yoga classes.
To the note: At the moment of an attack of a rush of blood, a lot of fluid comes out of the body along with sweat. This causes dehydration and appropriate symptoms: headache and a feeling of dryness in the oral cavity.
In order for the tides to be softer, it is necessary to use at least 2.5 liters of water per day. Therefore, a small bottle of water and a fan will be a great help at the time of the tide attack.
What is a symptom?
Hot flashes in women are very similar to such a natural phenomenon as the sea wave. This process consists of two phases: ebb and flow.
- At the tide phase, a heat wave rolls up from the center of the body, capturing the neck, arms and face area. This process is accompanied by increased sweating, palpitations, a feeling of lack of oxygen, darkening of the eyes, dizziness, weakness in the body. At the same time, body temperature remains normal, and the above-mentioned areas acquire a reddish tint, which is explained by the expansion of the subcutaneous capillaries.
- The second phase corresponds in its effect to the sea ebb - the wave makes a reverse movement. At the same time, heat is replaced by cold: a woman is thrown into an icy sweat, and you can feel chills, weakness, trembling in limbs, dizziness, and even loss of consciousness.
The time of the attack can vary considerably. One episode can last from 30 seconds to 10 minutes. Intense tides occur most frequently during the night.
The frequency of seizures is also purely individual. In mild cases, tides occur up to 10 times a day, in cases of moderate intensity, up to 20 times a day, and in severe cases, more than 20 times. It should be noted that most women experience mild and moderate severity of hot flashes.
Causes and provocateurs manifestations
The main cause of hot flashes in menopause is the very hormonal alteration that is characteristic of this period. Reducing the level of estrogen in the blood causes a malfunction of the hypothalamus - an organ that is responsible for the harmonious course of many vital processes in the human body: sleep, appetite, the production of sex hormones, as well as for the processes of thermoregulation. In response to a decrease in the level of female hormones, the hypothalamus begins to perceive normal body temperature for elevated, which is accompanied by a number of characteristic symptoms. Even modern science is not yet able to determine what is causing this reaction.
And although the objective cause of hot flashes in women with menostasis is the hormonal imbalance that accompanies the completion of the reproductive mission of the female body, there are a number of additional factors that increase the likelihood of hot flashes, their frequency and intensity. They can be:
- bad habits (smoking, alcoholism),
- stressful situations, emotional stress,
- high air temperature
- increased air humidity
- excessive consumption of caffeine and refined sugar,
- uncomfortable, tight clothing made of synthetic fabric.
Lifestyle changes as the basis for combating hot flashes
The first thing to start with is lifestyle adjustment. It can be said that this is the foundation on which successful struggle with the symptoms of menopause is built.
- Food during menopause should be moderate, with a predominance in the diet of vegetables, fruits, cereals, dairy products, fish, and dietary meats. It will help to fight the tides of heat and compliance with the optimal drinking regime, in which it is important to use up to 2 liters of clean water during the day. Do not abuse caffeinated beverages.
- Physical activity should also not be overlooked. Regular moderate exercise (yoga, water aerobics, easy running or walking) helps to eliminate emotional stress, activates blood circulation, speeds up metabolism, which generally has a positive effect on the functioning of all systems and organs and indirectly helps to level the severity of tides.
- A full-fledged sex life is extremely favorable for reducing the symptoms of hot flashes, and for the general condition of the woman. Intimate relationships that bring physical and emotional satisfaction will help a woman to feel attractive and desirable, and will keep her self-esteem at the proper level.
- To avoid a heat attack, it is advisable to refrain from visiting places that are characterized by a massive gathering of people. It is necessary to avoid stuffy, hot rooms, and especially those in which there is high humidity.
- It is better to choose clothes that are not constrained by the movement sewn from their natural fabrics. Dressing is necessary for the weather, avoiding overheating.
- It is extremely important to balance the mode of work and rest, because emotional and physical fatigue is a solid basis for the development of various ailments.
- It will help get rid of hot flashes during menopause and giving up bad habits. Smoking and alcohol (in unlimited quantities) are powerful provocateurs of health problems, which, ideally, should be removed from life.
The use of medicinal herbs to reduce the intensity of tides
Another direction that can stop the symptoms of fevers, is the use of medicinal plants. Since ancient times, women have sought the help of these natural sources of health and longevity. To get rid of the attacks of heat, you can use decoctions, tinctures, tinctures based on the following plants:
- red clover
- boron uterus,
- shepherd's bag
- red brush,
- hop cones,
Excellent reception of evening primrose oil and flax oil.
All these plants have shown themselves to be reliable assistants capable of alleviating the symptoms of pathological menopause. They are good and with the "solo" application, and as part of multicomponent fees.
In order to neutralize the emotional instability that provokes hot flashes in women, it may be advisable to enrich the collections with herbal ingredients that have a sedative effect:
- chamomile, etc.
Drugs based on the use of extracts of medicinal herbs, which contain phytoestrogens that are similar in composition to one of the natural hormones of the female body - estradiol. Often, these dietary supplements include, in addition to the above-mentioned hormone-like substances, also additional herbal ingredients and vitamin-mineral supplements. The combination of these components gives a chance not only to remove the severity of symptoms, but also to increase the overall tone of the body and vital energy.
An example of this group of drugs can be:
Oral contraceptives for menopause (OC) is another method to remove hot flashes, but by means of artificial hormones rather than plant hormones. An additional advantage of this treatment option is the contraceptive effect, because pregnancy with menopause is a reality.
It is best to entrust the choice of OC to a gynecologist, who will make a decision based on the patient’s general condition and test results.
The disadvantage of this type of struggle with hot flashes is the presence of a number of contraindications for OK (varicose veins, endometriosis, hypertension, post-infarction and post-stroke, smoking, etc.), as well as a number of side effects (hypertension, impaired hemoglobin synthesis, thromboembolism, etc.). d.)
Hormone replacement therapy
Replacement hormone therapy (HRT) - shock artillery, which helps in the short term to get rid of the negative symptoms of menopause. Receiving a sufficient amount of female sex hormones into the blood helps to eliminate hot flashes and other signs of menopause in women that are provoked by menopause.
However, for all this specious help lies a significant minus. Unfortunately, studies of some scientific laboratories have shown that prolonged use of artificial hormones can be a catalyst for the development of cancer. Therefore, HRT should be a last resort. Only a competent attending physician can prescribe such a treatment, and only when the harm to the patient’s health with pathological signs of menopause is higher than the potential danger of developing dangerous consequences.
HRT has a number of other side effects, for example: it increases the risk of developing hypertension, provokes frequent headaches, often developing into migraines, causes bile stasis, causes mastopathy to develop during menopause.
Sometimes, if the psycho-emotional state of a woman is quite complicated, antidepressants can be prescribed by a doctor to increase the level of serotonin, the hormone of joy, and in all other cases light sedatives.
Rules of conduct during a heat attack
After talking about how to treat hot flashes, it is impossible not to mention the behavior during the attack. There are a few simple rules:
- If the state allows, it is better to go outside, if there is no such possibility, then you should at least open a window to ensure fresh air.
- The attack is better to "meet" not standing, but sitting or lying,
- With darkening in the eyes and dizziness, you can lower your head down (in the direction of the knees) and sit for a while,
- If possible, you can drink a few sips of cold water,
- You can wash your face with cool water or ask someone present to soak a napkin or towel so that you can wet your face,
- It is better to unbutton the collar of the shirt, remove the constraining clothing,
- It helps breathing control. It is necessary to focus on the “inhale-exhale” cycle and try to make it as long and quiet as possible.
- Unusual, but effective method is to lower the legs in the basin with hot water. However, this method is applicable only at home and requires outside help, because during an attack a woman has difficulty in performing any actions,
- It is very important to calm down, set yourself up for a favorable outcome and not forget that all these troubles are temporary.
Having considered the causes of hot flashes in women, and also to determine what to do to stop the progression of this process, it should be said that the phenomenon of menopause itself is not a disease. Only about 15% of the women in the beautiful half experience high intensity tides. Therefore, it is important to form a correct picture of the situation in consciousness, which at the level of psychosomatics will help to reduce the severity of pathological symptoms. How to deal with tides? - the question is quite capacious, and only a highly qualified doctor is able to answer it, because each organism is unique, and, therefore, an approach is required in each case individually.
Why do sweating and fever appear during menopause?
This problem has hormonal causes. In a woman’s blood, the amount of estrogen and progesterone decreases dramatically with age - the most female hormones. How the lack of female sex hormones, resulting from the attenuation of ovarian function, affects the regulation of body temperature, scientists still do not know. But they know exactly what affects the frequency and intensity of tides. Excessive physical exertion and nervous disorders provoke a new attack, fatty and spicy foods also often cause frequent hot flashes. Hot weather, staying in a stuffy room, visiting a sauna and a bath, tight clothes - all this can easily become the cause of another attack.
Every woman sweating and fever with menopause occur individually. The good news is that more than 85% of the fair sex is experiencing moderate hot flashes, and only 10-15% of cases require medication. Heavy hot flashes are more likely to be experienced by smoking women and women who are overweight. More pronounced symptoms of menopause are also observed in women who have menopause as a result of chemotherapy, as well as if the ovaries have been surgically removed. Moreover, it was noted that the less time elapsed from the period of regular monthly until the moment of their complete cessation, the hot flashes are stronger.
How to reduce hot flashes during menopause?
What to do if the attack has already happened or is about to begin? First, you need to keep calm. If it is possible to interrupt what you are doing at the moment, do so: sit or lie down, relax, start breathing deeply. Breathe slowly, no more than 6-8 breaths and breaths per minute. It is possible to massage the cavity under the lower lip for two minutes in a clockwise direction.
Coolness will help - sometimes you just need to open the window, take off your shoes and unbutton your blouse. If possible, wipe the face and neck with a wet towel. Many women are saved by a cold shower at times of tide, and they argue that this not only relieves the sensation of intense heat, but also soothes and appeases sudden agitation.
Significantly alleviate the tides during menopause will help light exercise, for example, yoga. Today it is not necessary to go to special classes, you can take yoga lessons on the Internet, repeating the exercises for the master.
Moreover, for many women, the so-called hormonal yoga has become the discovery and salvation. This direction was developed by Dina Rodriguez, a Brazilian woman, who asserts that 15 minutes of such exercises per day not only help at high tides, but also support the hormonal balance of a woman in such a difficult period for her.
But yoga has its own contraindications: gynecological diseases, osteoporosis, the postoperative period - while doing this, yoga is not worth it. Of course, your doctor will tell the final verdict.
How to reduce sweating and fever during menopause with food?
If a woman has up to 10 hot flashes per day, this is considered a mild menopause. Anything above, you need to adjust with the help of medicines or other medical prescriptions. Но если мучительны даже нечастые приливы, обязательно нужно обратиться к врачу. Практически всегда доктор советует пересмотреть свой рацион.
В свой рацион питания обязательно нужно внести продукты, содержащие фитогормоны, то есть растительные аналоги женских гормонов. Это и цитрусовые, и морковь, и яблоки, и изюм, и брокколи. Extremely useful sesame seeds.
Coffee and tea should be, if not completely removed from the diet, then at least significantly reduce their consumption. Switch to vegetable juices, mineral water, plain warm water with lemon. In order for the body to produce its own estrogens, you need to course drink carrot-cream cocktail. Mix 150 g fresh carrot juice and 50 g cream. Drink a glass of this cocktail the first 10 days of each month. However, smoking such a recipe is contraindicated.
It has been proven that sweating and fever during menopause become less intense and less frequent if a woman consumes a lot of carrots, spinach, beets, pomegranates and greens. Vegetable juices from these products can be drunk every day.
Folk ways to combat tides
Immediately it is worth noting: you can not use herbal remedies with hormone therapy. Likewise, phytotherapy cannot be used during menstruation. It seems that the weeds are harmless, in fact, they contain active substances very significantly affecting the hormones.
- In order to get rid of hot flashes, herbal teas are made on the basis of mint, lemon balm, cyanosis or horsetail. 1 teaspoon of dry raw material is poured a glass of boiling water and infused for 20 minutes. Take 1-2 cups a day for 3 weeks, then 10 days break.
- To raise the tone, they drink the lime-colored brewed in boiling water, licorice root, and motherwort.
- Juice from fresh sage leaves (2 tbsp. Spoons 3 times a day) will help to reduce sweating at high tides. Since sage lowers blood sugar, diabetics can only be taken after consulting a doctor.
- For heavily flowing tides, it is recommended to pick equal parts of linden flowers, wormwood grass, peppermint leaves, fennel fruits and chopped buckthorn bark. 2 tbsp. spoons of the mixture pour 2 cups of hot water and boil in a water bath for 15-20 minutes. The cooled broth is taken in a glass in the morning and in the evening.
Climax - the period of physiological, psychological adjustment. No need to endure all its manifestations, modern medicine does a lot to reduce sweating and fever during menopause. Be sure to find your doctor who, together with you, will choose the scheme of maintaining women's health acceptable for you.
Causes of fever
In the period of menopause, in any case, a rush of heat may occur, but they may vary in severity. Aggravating factors affecting the frequency and intensity of attacks can be:
- ambient temperature
- the material from which made clothes and linens,
- food intake (spicy, fried and sweet foods can trigger excessive perspiration),
- drinking alcoholic beverages
- excessive consumption of strong tea and coffee,
- nervous tension
- tight clothes and underwear,
- exhausting physical exertion
- prolonged stay in a room with poor ventilation.
Why the tide is happening
Female reproductive organs produce hormones that are involved in the process of thermoregulation. A large role in this process is played by the nerve endings that give signals to the brain when the temperature of the environment rises.
The hypothalamus, having received it, sends a signal to the sweat glands, which begin to work actively and release sweat to cool the body.
During menopause, the reproductive organs stop secreting estrogen or release it in insufficient quantities. Due to its lack of these signals are distorted and the brain perceives the normal temperature as elevated.
Because of this, the beautiful half of humanity is experiencing hot flashes during menopause.
Completely get rid of the attacks of heat is impossible, but you can choose a treatment that will facilitate them. Before any treatment, you should consult with your doctor in order to avoid unpleasant consequences.
This therapy does not apply in the presence of the following diseases:
- oncological diseases,
- diseases of the pancreas, kidney and liver,
- poor blood clotting,
- weak immune defense
- diseases of the cardiovascular system.
These drugs are available in the form of tablets, gel and patch. Among the most popular hormone replacement medications are:
To non-hormonal therapy include taking phytohormones. Phytohormones are herbal preparations. They contain substances that are similar to hormones produced by the reproductive organs of women.
Due to them, there is a decrease in the frequency of hot flashes during menopause. These drugs are recommended for use when a woman has a mild or moderate seizure. To obtain the proper effect of the drug must be taken over a long period of time, otherwise the result will not be noticeable.
Since the basis of these medicines are herbal ingredients, then before starting the application, you should consult with a specialist in order to avoid the appearance of allergic reactions.
This therapy is great for those who for some reason can not take hormonal drugs.
Phytohormones are available in the form of drops and tablets. The most common drugs are:
- Dopelhertz menopause asset,
Phytoestrogens can also be obtained from food, for example:
- Red clover,
- flax seeds.
During menopause, a woman may experience ailments not only physical, but also psychological. At the reception, the doctor pays a lot of attention to the psycho-emotional state of the patient. If her nervous system is depleted, then he prescribes a course of antidepressants.
Examples of antidepressants that are taken during menopause include:
If a woman’s nervous system is not in such a disastrous condition, but still she feels uncomfortable, then the doctor can prescribe her to take light sedatives.
Such drugs can be:
- tinctures of valerian, peony, motherwort,
It is recommended to take these drugs 3 times a day, 20-25 drops.
During menopause, a woman should provide herself with the right amount of vitamins and minerals. In order to decide what complex of vitamins to take, you need to consult a doctor and undergo a series of examinations.
Tips and tricks
In addition to the therapy that the doctor prescribes, the woman can follow some recommendations that facilitate the attacks of hot flashes during menopause:
- Make the right diet. Less roast, spicy and sweet will help reduce the intensity of hot flashes. It is also recommended that 20% of meat products from your diet be replaced with food of plant origin.
- Stop drinking and smoking.
- Reduce the consumption of strong tea and coffee.
- To air the room.
- Less time on the street in a hot period. In the summer in the room it is recommended to use air conditioning, and in winter it is necessary to limit the use of the heater.
- To live an active lifestyle. Not exhausting training will go to a woman after 50 years only benefit. To strengthen the nervous system suitable yoga and body flex.
- The use of bed linen and clothing made from natural fabrics. They absorb sweat well and allow the skin to breathe. This will prevent unpleasant odors.
If you follow these tips can significantly relieve the attacks of heat during menopause. They can become almost invisible and the woman will not experience discomfort.
The correct diet and vitamins for menopause
Proper nutrition plays a huge role in the intensity and intensity of the tides. The diet should be complete and balanced. Recommended use of a large number of fresh vegetables and fruits, enriched with fiber, vitamins and useful trace elements that contribute to the improvement of digestive processes.
Milk and its derived foods are indispensable sources of calcium, which is so necessary for strengthening bones, hair, nails and teeth.
In fish and seafood, necessary for menopause, contains vitamin D, which participates in the absorption of magnesium. Magnesium is the very element that acts from the soothing side of the nervous system. Magnesium is also found in rye bread and walnuts. Regular consumption of these products will help get rid of insomnia and irritability.
To improve overall health and mitigate menopausal symptoms, especially if you are very hot, it is recommended to take vitamin complexes containing vitamins and minerals necessary for the female body during menopause. For mature women after 44 years of age it is especially important to take the following vitamins:
- Vitamin E, which helps to stimulate the function of the appendages and increase the levels of estrogen and progesterones. Contributes to the normalization of the walls of blood vessels and blood pressure. Contained in unprocessed rice, beans and potatoes, as well as green peas.
- Vitamins B5 and B1 contribute to the normalization of the psycho-emotional state and the restoration of healthy sleep. The greatest amount of these vitamins is in the following foods: peas, nuts, bananas, buckwheat, oatmeal, avocado.
- Vitamin D, necessary for the absorption of elements of magnesium and calcium. Contained: in chicken eggs, fish, butter and milk.
- Vitamin C, which is involved in the body's thermoregulation processes.
- Vitamin A, which is an antioxidant necessary to enhance the body's immune defense. The highest concentration of vitamin content is found in milk, eggs, liver, carrots and butter.
Tides during menopause and their symptoms
With the onset of menopause, the female body becomes more vulnerable to the formation and development of various pathological diseases. Although any infection can be “caught” in any age period, it is the menopause that increases the risk of pathology formation at times. That is why, every woman should know all the symptoms characteristic of tides, and be able to distinguish them from the accompanying pathological processes in the body. And what should be done in such situations, and what should I refrain from?
Hot flashes are not a disease or pathology, but special methods and methods of treatment may be useful to eliminate them in some situations.
Remember: in order to reduce the intensity of the manifestation of all unpleasant symptoms at high tides, it is necessary to eliminate all factors that have a provocative effect on the body from their vital activity.
Symptoms of flushing include:
- The appearance of extraneous noise, which are accompanied by a ringing and roar in the ears before the beginning of the attack. Some attacks of hot flashes foreshadow their onset with unusual sensations in the head, ears and neck, and for most women attacks suddenly occur.
- With the onset of an attack, the upper body begins, as it were, to doused with very hot water from the inside. The skin begins to turn red, perspiration appears, and there is a change in temperature throughout the body. That hot, then it becomes cold on the skin, and comes out a cold sweat.
- The rhythm of the heartbeat is accelerated, which may be accompanied by nausea, dizziness, pain in the forehead and neck, very similar to the manifestation of migraine. Also, a woman can feel weakness and trembling in her body. In exceptional cases have been registered and fainting may occur,
- A feeling of unexplainable and sudden fear and panic may appear, accompanied by a feeling of lack of oxygen,
- There is an increase in body temperature for a few minutes, after which everything is normalized, and the temperature drops, and perspiration is released on the surface of the whole body.
- There is a high level of perspiration. By the time the woman’s normalization condition, there may be painful sensations in the muscle tissue, a feeling of chills, emptiness and weakness.
Tides during menopause, the symptoms of which often occur in the evening or at night, give noticeable discomfort, especially at night, when sleep is caused by their fault.
The main reason for the appearance of feelings of heat are hormonal disorders in the body, leading to a complete restructuring of the functionality of all organs and systems in the female body. This is because the ovaries, whose main task is the production of estrogens, gradually begin to fade with age, and the follicles are replaced with connective tissues.
During hormonal changes, metabolic processes in the body are disturbed, leading to impaired functionality of the cardiovascular and nervous systems, the hypothalamus, which is responsible for positive mood, sleep and appetite. Among other things, as provocateurs tides can act:
- Stressful situations. Negatively affecting the functionality of the nervous system, stress contributes to the violation of the functionality of the hypothalamus. Stress includes both negative and extremely positive surges of emotions,
- Taking strong drugs that have a negative effect on hormones. Thus, the drug Tamoxifen, used for the treatment of tumors in the mammary glands, is an active provocateur of the occurrence of hot flashes,
- Wrong diet, which is composed of spicy, fatty and smoked food, as well as an impressive amount of alcoholic beverages and cigarettes. Such a diet, which includes both alcohol and smoking, promotes the stimulation of an already inflated nervous system. This can cause the formation of cramps in the vessels and cause hot flashes in women,
- Warm and too close to the body clothing is one of the factors of irritation and imbalance in the nervous system, which plays an important role in the mechanism of the appearance of tides,
- Overheating in the sun, or in stuffy rooms,
- High levels of sugar in the daily diet. A high level of carbohydrates is an excess of energy that causes overheating of the body.
When are the tides?
The occurrence of hot flashes during menopause is considered a natural process, but there are cases when menopause and hot flashes are not related to each other and appear for other reasons:
- The development of diabetes mellitus, which occurs due to the violation of the functionality of the pancreas, which also applies to hormonal disorders. Tide attacks in diabetes are characterized by enhanced sweating,
- The development of hyperthyroidism in which there is an extremely high level of hormones, resulting in feelings of weakness, insomnia, disturbances in the rhythm of the heartbeat, increased sweating, psycho-emotional instability and asthma attacks. Women with this disease is contraindicated for a long time to be in the heat,
- Oncological pathology of the digestive tract. An increased level of serotonin in the body during the development of oncology causes hot flashes, spreading over the entire surface of the body,
- The development of ovarian cysts accompanied by hormonal disorders.
The immune defense of a woman's body with the onset of premenopause also decreases, as does the level of estrogen. Therefore, gynecologists, oncologists, endocrinologists and functional diagnostics specialists should be directly involved in the study of hot flashes during menopause, their symptoms and causes.
If tides in women occur outside of menopause, then it is necessary to undergo a full examination of the body to identify the pathological changes that cause this symptoms. It is also necessary to take medications that reduce vasomotor changes in the body.
Duration of tides
Many women are often interested in how long the tides can last during menopause and how long will it take to endure these ailments? After all, those symptoms and sensations that they cause are so unpleasant that we would like their duration and frequency to be minimized.
There are two aspects to calculating the duration of tidal flow and sensations of heat:
- The duration of each attack of heat, which can be from a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes. If the feeling of heat does not leave within 50-60 minutes, then it is necessary to consult a specialist.
- The duration of the tides in years with menopause. This aspect of the manifestation of tides is particularly individual. Fever with menopause refers to the primary symptoms of the menopausal period.
There are tides during menopause only in the initial stages, when menstruation still occasionally comes and the ovaries function a little. There may be cases when the tides appear and 2 years after the end of menstruation and can last for a year. But it may occur after 60 years, only this happens very rarely.
The duration of fever during menopause depends on many factors of a woman’s life. Consider the most common situations in which menopause tides have a high duration.
- Курящие дамы мучаются от проявления жара при климаксе намного дольше, из-за изменений строения сосудистой системы, которых не избежать при регулярном поглощении табачных смол.
- With the development of hypertension, prolonged flushes occur during menopause, but flushes without appropriate treatment can cause the development of this pathology, since the cause is the increased pressure that negatively affects the vessels and their elasticity.
- Frequent hot flashes whose symptoms are characterized by high duration, have a place to be and can be felt among fans of severe physical exertion. Also to maintain physical activity is necessary, only you need to take into account the capabilities of the body.
- The entire cardiovascular system, when overloaded, begins to give signals to the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus, taking alarming signals, affects menopause symptoms, which ensures a long duration of attacks.
Sensations of hot flashes during menopause, what are these symptoms of their manifestation and the cause of occurrence - are one of the most common topics for dialogues between the fair sex.
When they are convinced that the occurrence of hot flashes in women is an inevitable and natural process, women begin to tune their bodies to endure all the symptoms that occur during menopause with dignity. Therefore, the intimate question of sex with a partner falls to the last plan, which further aggravates the woman's psycho-emotional state and leads to greater intensity and duration of the occurrence of hot flashes during menopause.
Despite the fact that the formation of hot flashes in women and the causes of their occurrence are natural processes in the body, one should not avoid treating and taking special medications to improve one’s own condition and to enjoy all the positive aspects of one’s life. Also, drugs contribute to increased libido and normalization of sexual activity.
The occurrence of hot flashes in the menopausal period is an unpleasant and difficult test for any woman. But thanks to modern drugs, correct and timely methods of treating menopause, a woman can always be cheerful, filled with strength and energy, enjoy life and share her positive with others.
Interesting and informative video on the topic:
Treatment of hot flashes and associated symptoms
In cases where menopausal symptoms do not appear too bright and there is no particular discomfort, then complex vitamins can be taken for prevention. This will help relieve hot flashes, and at the same time strengthen the immune defenses of the body. With the help of vitamin complexes, depression and stressful situations are more easily tolerated.
Moreover, taking vitamins will help to slow down the aging process, and alleviate menopausal symptoms and hot flashes. With their help, hair, nails and teeth will stay healthy longer, which means that appearance will be at the proper level, which is important for every woman.
In order to alleviate the attacks of hot flashes, and reduce their number of manifestations to a minimum, hormone replacement therapy drugs are prescribed.
Consider in more detail how to remove the tide with the help of hormone therapy.
In situations where a woman often throws fever during menopause, doctors can prescribe to take hormone pills containing synthetic hormones estrogen or progesterone. One of the most popular hormone drugs prescribed to relieve hot flashes are:
All hormones should be used only as prescribed by a specialist. Before you start taking hormone pills, a woman needs to have an ultrasound diagnosis of the breast, a mammogram and cardiological examinations. It is also necessary to pass tests for hormones and blood clotting.
If, during hormone therapy, a woman does not cease to throw fever, then experts can sometimes add antidepressants to hormone therapy, which include:
With the help of these drugs when exposed to blood vessels, bouts of fever and sweating almost instantly decrease.
Such treatment of hot flashes is considered unacceptable if the following pathologies are found in a woman:
- the presence of malignant tumors of oncological nature,
- cardiovascular disorders
- pathological changes in the functionality of the pancreas and liver,
- in violation of the functionality of the ovaries, accompanied by heavy bleeding,
- with endometrial pathologies and during the development of fibroids in the uterus.
In the presence of such contraindications, doctors may prescribe medications based on phytohormones.
Treatment of tides with phytohormones
Preparations based on phytohormones contain herbal ingredients that are not hormones, but have a similar effect on a woman's body.
Preparations containing phytoestrogens help to avoid a high frequency of seizures, and reduce their duration of flow. Moreover, phytoestrogens have a calming effect on the body and relieve bouts of irritability.
Among the most popular drugs containing phytoestrogens emit:
- Klimadinon - a drug that helps reduce the frequency and intensity of attacks of hot flashes.
- LF "Menopause" - drug, which is a vitamin complex.
- Remens - A drug that contributes to the overall strengthening of the female body.
Among other things, decoctions, medicinal tinctures and hot baths with the following herbs help to normalize the general condition:
Symptoms of menopause is one of the most difficult trials in the lives of women. But thanks to the timely visit to the doctor and the use of necessary drugs for menopause, every woman can live and enjoy life, not paying attention to all age-related changes.
Interesting and informative video on the topic:
What to do when hot flashes during menopause?
The stability of all systems of internal organs is provided by the balance of hormones, namely, estrogen and progesterone. With the onset of menopause, there is a decrease in the amount of sex hormones in the body, as a result of which certain adverse symptoms appear.
The climacteric period asymptomatically occurs very rarely. Even if the condition of a woman during this period can be called simple, she still knows what tides are.
When thrown into heat during menopause, this applies to a greater extent the upper body, that is, the head, neck and chest. Blood rushes to them, the heart starts beating harder and harder, and then darkens in the eyes. The skin begins to turn red, and chills appear. With such symptoms, body temperature rises.
A similar condition can last for about an hour and occur several times a day, after which a woman becomes depressed and has a headache.
In some cases, the attacks can occur up to 50 times a day, which is a pathology.
The question arises, what to do when feeling hot? In such a situation, doctors are prescribed special treatment designed to relieve a woman of these symptoms and alleviate her overall condition.
This period basically lasts at least a year, and can also drag on for five years, or even seven. Most begin to feel the first symptoms already at the age of 42, and some even at the age of 56 do not know about it. Therefore, the main task of a woman is to understand how to alleviate the manifestation of hot flashes and learn how to enjoy life even in such a difficult condition.
Read What is menopausal syndrome and how does it manifest itself
Methods of dealing with fever without drugs
The heat of menopause is the natural state of a woman during this period, so many are simply waiting for the tides to run out. However, this should not be done, since in the future the situation will only get worse.
If you do not want to resort to medical treatment, there are several ways to reduce the onset of symptoms and alleviate the condition.
First of all, for menopause, you should start with organizing your own food. The diet should consist mainly of such products:
- fresh vegetables and fruits
- nuts, soybeans, legumes,
- sprouted grains of wheat, whole grains.
But the consumption of meat and protein foods should be reduced than help the body to cope with the heat.
During menopause, a woman needs more clean and cool air. To reduce the temperature of the air you need, as often as possible to ventilate the room. Before bedtime you should put a plastic bottle with frozen water under the pillow, this will help you to sleep peacefully during the night.
When the body is burning, you need to calm down and slowly take a few deep breaths with your stomach. Inhale and hold your breath for ten seconds, and then slowly exhale. In a minute you need to do no more than ten times. This exercise helps to calm down well and will increase the interval between attacks.
When menopause is shown to engage in swimming, fitness, dancing, but only if there are no other diseases in which it is contraindicated. Sports activities improve immunity and generally heals the entire body. If increased motor activity is contraindicated, then walks in the fresh air will be helpful.
Read What are the signs of menopause in women after 50 years
If during a climax a woman feels very heavy or is harmful to her health, you should immediately contact a gynecologist. The attending physician will prescribe an examination and, based on the test results, select a drug treatment.
To avoid the presence of fever, irritability and thermoregulation during menopause, these drugs are prescribed:
Thanks to the above means, the metabolism is also normalized, the immune system is restored and depressive states pass. The most important effect after taking them is the normalization of hormonal balance. Due to what blood circulation is restored and the central nervous system works.
If the tides do not cause significant harm to health, prescribed intake of complex vitamins in the composition, which, to a greater extent, includes: vitamin B1, B5, E, D, magnesium and potassium. These vitamins will help to cope with hot flashes, depression and to make you feel better in stressful situations.
When the patient's sleep is disturbed, there is increased sweating and the nervous system is in an excited state, medications are prescribed for a sedative effect, namely, tinctures:
To achieve the desired effect, they must be taken regularly.
To relieve fever attacks, as well as reduce the frequency of their manifestation, and if the patient still throws a fever, a course of hormone replacement therapy is prescribed.
The greatest results are achieved by using estrogen tablets. However, they have a large number of side effects, so some women are not recommended to use them. This therapy includes birth control pills that help relieve a woman of the symptoms of menopause.
Read What vitamins to take in menopause at the age of 45-50 years
"Hot" tides: how to deal with them?
One of the most unpleasant manifestations of menopause is hot flashes. According to statistics, almost 80% of women between the ages of 40 and 50 face them.
On why this symptom occurs and how to deal with hot flashes during menopause, readers of the beautiful and successful female site can read this article.
Hot flashes: symptoms and causes
The very name “tides”, which many people associate with playful sea waves, exciting sandy beaches, suggests exactly how this state flows.
At a certain moment, a woman from within spills an invisible hot wave that warms all the internal organs.
After that, immediately reddening of the skin of the face and neck occurs, the body temperature rises for a few minutes, perspiration appears, the heart begins to beat, and then the chills begin.
Headache and nausea can also be felt at hot flashes. The attack goes away quickly, leaving behind a feeling of fatigue and clothes that are so wet with sweat that a woman has to change clothes immediately.
As found site sympaty.net, the cause of hot flashes is a hormonal disorder caused by a decrease in the amount of estrogen and progesterone in the blood. Disruption of hormonal balance can be the result of both physiological changes in the body during menopause and some disease or condition.
For example, hot flashes are often observed in women suffering from hypothyroidism, diabetes, oncology, and adrenal gland diseases. Such attacks can cause some medications. As a result of the hormonal imbalance, the thermoregulation in the body fails.
In the usual course of menopause, a woman may experience up to 10 hot flashes per day. With severe course - up to 20 per day.
The reasons why this condition occurs more often or less often depend on a multitude of factors, which are mostly objective.
But there are also subjective factors that can increase the number of attacks, accelerate their occurrence or increase the duration. These include:
- Drinking alcohol, spicy foods, coffee and other products that have a stimulating effect.
- Stress, great excitement.
- A visit to the bath, sauna, walk down the street in the heat or work in a stuffy room.
- Improper diet, appeal to a strict diet, poor in protein.
- Clothes made of synthetics, slimming underwear.
- Acceptance of some antibiotics, corticosteroids, antiestrogens.
The duration of the period, accompanied by tides, can range from several months to 7 years.
It is pointless to struggle with short tides of heat during menopause, if they do not reduce the quality of life of a woman: after a certain time the attacks will disappear.
In cases where heat episodes are a consequence of a wrong lifestyle, you need to think about changing it. If the tides - a symptom of a disease, you need to fight directly with the disease itself.
If the question of how to deal with hot flashes in menopause arises in connection with hot flashes, which happen too often and cause very severe discomfort, then treatment may be prescribed.
How can you deal with frequent tides during menopause
Doctors say that the number and severity of seizures are primarily affected by the lifestyle of a woman. In order to episodes of heat worried less, it is necessary to take such measures:
- First, it is necessary to exclude from the diet foods that accelerate metabolism (spicy seasonings, coffee, alcohol, etc.).
- Secondly, it is necessary to enrich the menu with dishes from products containing phytoestrogens - analogues of female hormones of plant origin. Such products, for example, include legumes, clover and lime honey, red wine, sesame and linseed oils, sprouted wheat grains, cicorn drink, etc.
- Thirdly, you need to eat foods that can “cool” and soothe the body: zucchini, cucumbers, cabbage, lettuce, kiwi, avocado, etc.
- Lindens Fill in a glass lime blossom to half its height, pour boiling water over it, filling the container to the end, let it brew for at least 30 minutes. The resulting agent to drink in small sips throughout the day. The course of treatment of lime tea - 21 days.
- Oregano. The grass of this plant is dried, and then tea is brewed from it, taking 2 tablespoons of raw materials and a glass of boiled water. Within 20 minutes after brewing the drink will be ready. In tea, you can add a spoon of honey. In order to fight the frequent tides, you need to drink this tea in the morning and evening for 2-3 weeks.
- Red rowan. From the berries of the plant is prepared tincture, bay 200 g of crushed fruit, placed in a dark glass container, half a liter of vodka or brandy. Insist means you need in a dark cool place for 21 days.
- Calamus swamp. Grind the dried plant root in a coffee grinder, pour the powder into a convenient storage container. Every day, before breakfast, lunch and dinner, eat a teaspoon of powder with a glass of honey and honey. For the full course of treatment you need to eat 100 g of the product.
- Hop cones. Two dessert spoons of raw materials pour boiling water for 20-30 minutes, then strain, divide the infusion into 3 equal portions and drink them before breakfast, lunch and dinner, half an hour before meals. It is necessary to heal hop cones 2-3 times a week.
- Borovoy uterus. This plant has long helped women of different nationalities to deal with menopause. To prepare the medicine, pour 2 tablespoons of herbs into a thermos container, brew 300 ml of boiling water, close the container and leave for 2 hours. Strain the tool and use one tablespoon five times a day. The course of treatment is 10 days. If necessary, it can be repeated after the break.
- Refer to drug therapy. Folk remedies can reduce the strength of the symptoms of menopause, not all women. Only modern medical preparations that only a gynecologist can prescribe can effectively fight with frequent and strong hot flashes.
- Lead a moderately active lifestyle. Как ни парадоксально, но приливы жара меньше беспокоят женщин, которые двигаются, часто гуляют на свежем воздухе. Хорошо на состоянии женщины в период менопаузы отражается йога, особенно система Джины Родригес.Suitable sports for those suffering from hot flashes are also swimming, cycling, and Nordic walking. Meditation and breathing exercises help fight tides. No matter what kind of sport is chosen, the main thing during classes is not to overwork. Training should bring maximum pleasure.
- Choose the right clothes. Preference is recommended to give things free cut, made from natural fabrics. It is also convenient to refer to the layering: during the attack, you can always remove the top blouse, to facilitate their well-being.
- Train your vessels. Contrast shower will help fight the symptoms of menopause.
- Take vitamin and mineral complexes with vitamins E, A, C, group B. The doctor should prescribe them.
- To lead a regular sex life. It is generally beneficial for the health of the woman as a whole.
- Learn to rest. Hot wave especially often "sprinkles" active women who are not accustomed to sit idle for a minute. If they learn not to run like a squirrel in a wheel, all day long, and they will probably be easier to do things at a comfortable pace, without haste.
A few simple measures can also help reduce discomfort during hot flashes:
- Break away from business if possible. Take a comfortable posture.
- Start breathing deeper and slower.
- Drink some cold water in small sips. It is desirable that the water and fan were always at hand. Then it will be easier to get rid of discomfort.
- Open a window or, if possible, go outside.
- Use a damp cloth to cool off.
In order to fight the unpleasant manifestations of menopause, it is also very important to learn to be optimistic about everything that happens. Doctors noticed that women who have a cheerful disposition, tides appear less frequently. You can not take menopause as the end of their youth and life.
On the contrary, this is a new stage, which can bring many happy moments to those who can see them. Therefore, solving the problem of how to deal with the tides, every woman must necessarily make for herself the installation that she is not sick at all.
And for good health, she only needs to start paying enough attention to herself and fight for her personal comfort and happiness, which she certainly deserves.