Some women may notice that they have bloody discharge after menstruation. In such a situation, the logical question arises whether everything is in order with the work of the reproductive system, is this condition considered the norm or indicative of the development of a pathological process. Definitely we can say that the consultation of a gynecologist is definitely needed, because only a specialist will be able to correctly set the diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment.
When there is bleeding after menstruation, the reasons for this may be different, ranging from physiological disorders, to the development of gynecological diseases, which may worsen after the regulation is complete, because at this time the hormonal background of the body is rearranged. Consider in more detail, under the influence of what factors may appear such a symptom, and what he says.
The main part of women could notice blood on their underwear after menstruation. However, not all girls respond adequately to this symptom. Some have a normal attitude to their condition and immediately go to the doctor to solve the problem, others, on the contrary, panic and don’t know what to do.
Initially, in order to calm herself and understand whether the danger after menstruation is bleeding, a girl can independently examine the secretion available. According to certain characteristics, it is possible to understand whether the discharge is associated with a pathological process, or they do not pose a serious danger and will soon pass on their own.
If the reasons why blood discharge after menstruation is associated with the disease, then the development of cervicitis or chronic endometritis can be suspected. In this situation, the secretion will have a pink color, as well as a characteristic rotten smell. In the presence of a scarlet secret, it is worth considering a slight deviation in the functioning of the pelvic organs, which can be considered the norm if such a state is not regular.
Of particular danger is the state when there is a minor amount of bleeding after menstruation. This indicates the progression of any pathology of the uterus, respectively, should go to an appointment with a gynecologist and find out what happens to the reproductive system.
When the girls after menstruation, it is worth considering the various causes of this condition. Both exogenous and endogenous factors can contribute to the development of this symptom. If their influence is negative enough, then at the end of the menstrual bleeding, the woman will experience unnatural secretion.
If there is blood after menstruation after a week, the main external causes may be:
- Injuries. The violation may be of a mechanical type, for example, if there was a blow, or other strong physical impact in the lower abdomen, or natural, which is often the case with hard and careless sexual contact.
- Stress. Spotting a week after menstruation may appear, if this time in the girl's life there was a strong emotional shock, she is under stress or depression, she is very overworked, including in the physical plane.
When a girl notices that they have gone bleeding 5 days after her monthly discharge, perhaps they were caused by certain internal factors, including:
- Short duration of the menstrual cycle. If you turn to medical terminology, then this condition is called a poiomenorei. In this case, the arrival of the following regulations comes fairly quickly, on average, after two weeks. The short duration of the menstrual cycle happens with insufficient production of estrogen.
- Endometriosis. This is another reason why after menstruation is bloody. This pathological condition is characterized by inflammation and growth of the mucous membrane of the vagina outside the body, against the background of which unnatural secretions can be observed.
- Venereal diseases. If there was sexual contact with the carrier of the infection and bleeding began a week after menstruation, it is possible that an infection has occurred. Since most of these pathologies have a latent nature of the course and a long incubation period, the bloody secretion may be 10-18 days after menstruation.
- Endometrial hyperplasia. Another disease in which patients have bloody discharge after regul. In this case, secretion is abundant, sometimes to the extent that it is collected in clots.
- Uterine fibroids. Discharge after menstruation bloody may be in the presence of a benign tumor on the reproductive organ. At the same time, the presence of a painful syndrome in the area of the lower abdomen will be noted among the accompanying symptoms.
- Ovulation. Some of the fair sex with ovulation, there is a slight discharge with an admixture of blood. This condition is not considered pathological and is the norm, since it occurs against the background of an imbalance of hormones. When ovulation is completed, the bleeding will pass.
The causes of bleeding in women after menstruation may be different. Gynecologists also note that some of their patients complained about the appearance of such a symptom after installing the intrauterine device and taking oral hormonal contraceptives.
Most often, when blood smears appear after menstruation after 3 days, doctors diagnose endometriosis in women. In this case, the secretion is scanty, smearing. Gradually, when the disease progresses and moves to a more advanced stage, the discharge becomes more abundant. Also, the amount of secretion depends on the zone of localization of the nidus. For example, with cervical lesions, there is little discharge.
If there is bleeding a week after menstruation, it is possible that adenomyosis develops. In this case, the secretion may appear and disappear with a certain periodicity. It should be said that since the formation of the menstrual cycle, every woman knows about its duration.
With adenomyosis of the uterus, unnatural bleeding may open. Source: prozachatie.ru
It is possible that if the menstruation should go for four days, bleeding can be observed for six days. This is a direct physiological explanation. Perhaps, when the monthly passed, and the bleeding is still going on, the uterus continues to be cleansed of biological fluid. In this case, the secretion will have a pink color and does not represent a danger to the health of a woman. This condition is from 2 to 5 times for every 12-14 cycles.
Another reason for the appearance of such secretions is the use of oral hormonal contraceptives. In this situation, the discharge will be smearing after menstruation, and the symptom itself lasts for 3-6 months.
It is not excluded the fact that if after menstruation blood, the reason may lie in the lowering of the ability of the blood to clot. It is possible that a woman has an ectopic pregnancy, so the secretion does not stop even after the completion of the regul. A woman whose discharge should last more than a week, accompanied by soreness in the lower abdomen, should alert the woman.
If the monthly period is over, but continues to be smeared with blood, it is possible that the woman had a cycle failure and ovulation was delayed in her. In this case, such a state will be associated with the release of a ripe egg into the uterine cavity, which is sometimes accompanied by bleeding and slight pain in the abdomen.
During ovulation there are spotting. Source: dor-lic.ru
Another probable reason why after menstruation is bleeding is cervical erosion and endocervicitis. Allocations in most cases are observed for about 7-10 days after the completion of the regul. If their volume is large, then we can talk about the onset of dangerous bleeding, which can only be stopped in hospital with the help of experienced doctors.
When bleeding occurs around the 14-18 day, it is possible that fertilization of the egg with the spermatozoon had occurred earlier, and pregnancy began. Doctors say that implantation bleeding is observed, because at this time the ovum is attached to one of the uterine walls for later development.
When there are bleeding after menstruation, the causes may not always be associated precisely with the regula. There is a possibility that such a condition arose after intimacy. In this case, the provoking factors will be:
- Breaks cystic formations
- Previously injured
- Careless sexual contact,
- Cervicitis and vaginitis,
- Cervical erosion,
- Polyps in the vagina.
Another probable reason for the fact that after intimate intimacy is bleeding, the presence of such a pathology as ectopia. In this case, bleeding will appear every time any contact with the mucous membrane of the cervix occurs.
If there are bleeding after 10 months after menstruation, and they do not go away for a long time, you should immediately make an appointment with a gynecologist. Particular danger is secretion, which is accompanied by a strong unpleasant odor, as well as pain.
In this case, it is absolutely unacceptable to engage in self-treatment. Also, if there are abundant blood discharge in a week after menstruation, it is not recommended to resort to traditional methods of treatment. Even if the symptoms go away, such an effect on the body can blur the clinical picture.
How to stop the blood after menstruation after three days or another period of time depends directly on the true reason that provoked the development of such a condition. So, doctors offer various methods of therapy:
- If there is a pathology of an infectious nature, then doctors prescribe drugs of antibacterial type of action. Not only oral medications, but also local ones also help well. Anti-inflammatory medications may be prescribed in addition to treatment.
- It is imperative that patients are prescribed medications that can stop the bleeding, as well as prevent anemia.
- If endometriosis, polyps or fibroids occur, then, in most cases, the therapy will take place through surgical intervention.
- Sometimes a bloody discharge a week after menstruation occurs as a result of endocrine dysfunction. In this case, the treatment is carried out through the selection and administration of hormonal drugs.
It is important to understand that there are a lot of reasons for the appearance of bleeding that is not related to menstruation, therefore it is better not to self-medicate, because many gynecological pathologies are secret, and the more advanced the stage, the harder it is to get rid of them.