Independently at home, you can determine the time of release of the egg from the follicle, thereby calculating favorable days for conception, dangerous for unwanted pregnancy. Ovulation, as is customary, occurs in the middle of the cycle. However, the cycle is irregular. And given the activity of the life of a modern woman, a lot of adverse factors to be confident in the average value is not necessary. Due to the hormonal failure, ovulation occurs a little earlier, a little later, it appears twice or not at all. The basal temperature during ovulation always changes. To determine the time of release of the egg is actually easy.
When to expect ovulation
It is normal to assume that ovulation occurs approximately in the middle of the cycle, divides it into 2 phases. From the first day of menstruation, a new egg begins to develop. For its development is given 14 days. Considering the action of numerous factors, a normal deviation of 2 days is normal. Therefore, it is possible to expect the release of the egg from 12 to 16 days. Taking into account that the menstrual cycle is 28–32 days.
However, women of reproductive age twice a year, the body takes a “vacation” - there is no ovulation. This is also considered normal. After 35 years of such anovulatory cycles a year is about 6.
On the arrival of ovulation warn some sensations and characteristic discharge. So, many women these days notice a slight pain in the lower abdomen. It is associated with the stretching of the ovary, the release of the egg. The follicle is torn, which causes minor pain. Due to changes in the hormonal background, a woman feels an increase in libido, engorgement of the mammary glands, an improvement in mood, a surge of vitality. Allocations become more abundant than usual. Transparent viscous, like egg white or thick white. They are somewhat different from the selections that were before.
What should be the temperature during ovulation
With the onset of the menstrual cycle, the temperature will be kept at 36.1–36.4 degrees Celsius. This continues throughout the first phase. In such conditions a new egg develops, prepares for fertilization. Approximately a day or 12 hours, the temperature drops by 2-4 degrees. The appearance of the egg from the follicle. The very next day, a temperature jump of a maximum of 6 degrees is observed. Then the indicator remains at the level of 36.8. Basal temperature during ovulation is considered up to 37 degrees. It lasts 2 days. Then begins the second part of the menstrual cycle. The temperature rises again by 3 degrees. Approximately remains within 36.9 degrees.
A couple of days before the next menstruation again decreases by 2 degrees. This indicates the end of the cycle. There is no decrease, the temperature is above 37 degrees, there is a delay - fertilization has occurred. The graph of basal temperature in the second cycle has another decrease and a jump. Approximately a week after fertilization, the cell invades the uterus. Jump means implantation of a fertilized egg. Sometimes it is perceived for repeated ovulation. A pregnancy test should be performed.
How to measure basal temperature
In order to get a complete picture and decide how the egg is released, you should make a basal temperature chart for at least 6 months. Then a woman can learn to understand her body, to determine the days favorable for fertilization.
Temperature can be measured in 3 ways - in the mouth, in the vagina, in the rectum. The latter method is considered the most accurate. However, if you began to measure the temperature in the vagina, you can not change the way until the end of the menstrual cycle. Thermometer use ordinary mercury. Such a thermometer is still considered more accurate. Keep the thermometer for 5-7 minutes. Every time the same time must be respected. Of great importance is the posture. If the thermometer was placed lying on its side, then it should be done the whole cycle. Put a thermometer every day, even during menstruation.
The following rules relate to measurement time. The best option is up to 8 o'clock in the morning. Later, it makes no sense to measure the temperature - it will not be true. Insert a thermometer should be immediately after waking up. Full-fledged continuous sleep should last at least 6 hours. Only in such conditions, the thermometer will show the correct result, the graph of basal temperature will display a true picture of everything that happens in the woman's body.
Basal temperature is not measured while taking hormonal contraceptives. Because the pills are aimed at preventing this point. An unlikely picture will be after a single dose of emergency pills from fertilization.
Hormones during ovulation
The balance of hormones in a woman regulates the pituitary gland, a region of the brain, with the help of the central nervous system. A signal is given to the endocrine system, ovaries, adrenal glands about the right amount of hormones. In the first part of the menstrual cycle, the female hormone, estrogen, prevails. Under his influence is the development of the egg, the formation of the endometrial layer in the uterus. This layer is necessary for attaching the egg in case of fertilization. Before ovulation, the level of estrogen drops sharply, the second hormone of the luteal phase, progesterone, rises. A sharp jump leads to the fact that the follicle bursts. The high temperature after the release of the egg is due to heat generated in the body with the participation of progesterone. In some women, not only basal temperature rises, but also the whole body - up to 37 degrees.
The hormone of the second phase, progesterone, is responsible for the further development of the egg after fertilization. It moves into the uterus, the germ is located there. The hormone continues to change the endometrial layer. It makes it thicker, changes the structure. With the onset of pregnancy, the hormone rate remains high. This explains the rise in temperature to the level of 37–37.2 degrees.
If fertilization was not, a high level of hormone contributes to rejection of an unsuitable endometrial layer, dilates the blood vessels to release blood from the organs of the small pelvis. On the eve of menstruation, the hormone index of the second part decreases, estrogen again rises. Begin monthly. The cycle repeats again.
Graph of basal temperature, its error
The basal temperature during ovulation should always increase, on the eve of a slight decrease. If the jumps are only 2 degrees, they emphasize weak ovulation, hormone deficiency. In addition, some factors may affect the accuracy of the indicators. They should be considered when drawing up a schedule, make a note in the diary.
- sleepless night and frequent awakenings,
- alcoholic beverages
- overeating before bedtime
- spicy, fatty, salty food,
- nervous disorders
- venereal diseases,
- infectious diseases
- increase in body temperature.
The above factors increase the temperature index by several degrees. In this case, you can not notice the temperature drop before leaving the egg. Fertilization, unwanted pregnancy.
Basal temperature during ovulation is measured easily, without much effort and material waste. An ordinary thermometer is used. Hence the advantages of the method:
accessibility - every woman can take advantage
- informative - allows you to determine the right moment most accurately, second only to ultrasound,
- low cost - you can buy the simplest thermometer,
- completely painless method.
The basal temperature during ovulation and throughout the cycle is measured in parallel using the test strip, taking into account the calendar method.
With ovulation, the temperature should decrease, but numerous factors can make this moment unnoticeable. Then an unforeseen fertilization occurs. Taking into account all factors, you should lead a certain lifestyle, adhere to proper nutrition. Hence the disadvantages of the method and the accuracy of the graph.
- It is necessary to wake up early every day.
- Sleep should be complete, but a lot of nervous shocks, both good and bad, easily break the night's rest.
- Active sexual intercourse increases the rate, you can not notice how with ovulation the temperature drops and rises. After all, the true result of the indicator can be obtained a day later, after calming down a woman’s body.
- Increased temperature in diseases changes hormones. There is a chance that ovulation will occur a little later. But surely this will not work out on the schedule.
- With ovulation, the temperature changes after a glass of wine. Women generally can not drink alcohol. And what a romantic dinner without a glass of champagne or delicious wine! It is difficult to resist the temptation.
- Full dinner before bed is unacceptable, but it happens. Especially if a woman has an irregular working day.
- Physical fatigue also distort the indicators.
The construction of the basal schedule should be taken seriously, if a woman plans a child, it is impossible to get pregnant within 3 months with an active sex life.
This is usually done in a separate notebook. Initially, write data, then transfer them to the schedule. The points are connected by a straight line. The X axis marks the days of the month, and the Y values indicate the temperature data. If the sheet is in a cell, indent between the indicators should be done in 2 cells. So it will be clearly visible every change. Next to write down your own feelings every day, the factors of influence, the nature of the discharge. With such a schedule and records, you can go to an appointment with a gynecologist. He will prescribe a woman a thorough examination for problems with pregnancy, but the doctor will have a general idea of the cause of the pathology.
Causes of a non-standard situation
With the violation of the menstrual cycle, the woman often faces. The reasons for this are a huge amount. And most often - hormonal imbalance. If signs are present for 3 cycles, the pathology must be treated. On the graph there is no drop in temperature before the release of the egg, it does not decrease before menstruation, high temperature from the first days of the cycle, so on.
Measurement of BT (base temperature) is carried out:
- to determine the onset of ovulation - the most favorable period for conceiving,
- to diagnose possible infertility,
- to determine the safe period for having sex,
- for the diagnosis of pregnancy at the earliest time,
- for the detection of hormonal disorders.
Most women are not entirely serious about this method and consider it as a pure formality.
In fact, by measuring BT, one gets many relevant information:
- about the normal course of the maturation process of the egg and the time of its release,
- about the functioning of the endocrine system,
- the presence of certain gynecological diseases (eg, endometritis),
- about the time of the next menstruation,
- about the state of the ovaries and their compliance with the norm.
How to measure basal temperature
To obtain sufficient information and objective data, the basal temperature should be recorded for at least three cycles in a row.
This should take into account the possibility general temperature increase (including basal) due to:
- physical activity.
You can use a conventional mercury or electronic thermometer. With the help of a mercury device, the BT is measured for 5 minutes, while the electronic one can be reached after the signal of the end of the measurement.
Analyzes are necessary not only during pregnancy, but also when planning it. When and what surveys when planning pregnancy are needed our article will tell.
Rules for measuring BT
- Measurements desirable to carry out everyday, including the active phase of the menstrual cycle.
- BT is measured in the vagina, rectum, or mouth. Throughout the cycle You can not change the place. In the case of oral measurement, the thermometer is placed under the tongue (for 5 minutes). With the rectal and vaginal method, the narrow part of the device is inserted into the rectum or vagina respectively and held for 3 minutes.
- BT is measured directly after waking up. You can not get up from bed before.
- Measurement time whenever possible should be unchanged. A difference of 30 minutes is 1 hour permissible. With a larger deviation in the schedule, it is necessary to make a note, since one additional hour raises the rate of basal temperature by about 0.1.
- The duration of sleep before measurement should be 3 hours minimum.
- You can use a mercury or electronic thermometer, but cannot be changed during the cycle.
- When choosing a mercury device shake it should be before bedtime, since the forces used during this affect the readings.
Basal temperature is measured in a supine position. Physical activity is minimized. There should be no extra turns, other movements. Thermometer pre-placed nearby, so there was no need to get up. Experts advise not to even open your eyes, because light also changes hormone levels stimulating the release of some of them.
- Indications are taken directly after removing the thermometer and immediately recorded, since the difference is mostly tenths of a degree, remembering which will be quite problematic.
- Nighttime women must measure BT in the afternoon after a three-hour sleep.
- In the compiled schedule must be specified Possible causes of temperature increase:
inflammatory processes in the body,
hormonal, hypnotic, sedative drugs,
moving, flights, business trips, change of residence,
intimacy the night before,
taking oral contraceptives (the degree of change in BT is determined by the level of hormones in the drugs used),
What is considered normal?
Before starting to draw up a schedule, you need to know how BT is changing normally under the influence of hormones. Woman's monthly cycle is biphasic:
- the first phase is hypothermic (follicular),
- the second is hyperthermic (luteal).
During the first, follicle development occurs. In the future, the egg comes out of it. During this period, increased synthesis of estrogen by the ovaries occurs. Base temperature held at a level below 37 degrees.
Approximately 12-16th day (between two phases) ovulation occurs. Directly on the eve there is a sharp drop in the base temperature. During ovulation, the temperature reaches a maximum, rising by 0.4 - up to 0.6 degrees. On this basis, you can reliably judge the onset of ovulation.
The duration of the luteal phase (or the corpus luteum phase) is approximately 14 days. It ends with menstruation (with the exception of pregnancy). This phase is very important because the corpus luteum prepares the female body for pregnancy by maintaining a high level of progesterone and a low level of estrogen. BT indicator at the same time is 37 degrees or more.
Right before the menstruation, as well as in the first days of the new cycle is fixed lowering BT by about 0.3 degrees, and the whole process repeats.
Who and when was this method developed
Basal temperature (BT) is the lowest temperature indicators of the body, fixed when a person is stationary, first of all - during sleep.. It is usually measured immediately after waking up, although at this moment, compared to the period of sleep, it rises slightly.
Its increase occurs after physical activity, in different phases of the menstrual cycle, necessarily during menstruation and after ovulation, as well as as a result of other factors. Its decrease is fixed 12 hours or one day before the moment when the egg leaves the ovary.
The description of changes in basal temperature during menstruation and after it was made in 1888 by A. Reprev. A. Rubel made a study of its jumps depending on the work of the ovaries and the endocrine system. As a method for determining the day of ovulation, BT measurements were proposed by the English physician Marshall in 1953.
Today, this method is recognized by the World Health Organization as one of the two main methods for tracking fertility.
What can you learn with it
The increase in the level of BT is influenced by the hormone progesterone, the decrease - estrogen. Elevated temperature indices are recorded during the period of menstruation - they stay at a level above 37 ° С. Before ovulation, that is, in the first phase of the cycle, they are below 37 ° C.
Immediately before the release of the female germ cell, there is a decrease in indicators - at this time they are the lowest for the entire cycle. After the release of the female reproductive cell, they increase by 0.2-0.5 ° C. Most women are fixed at 37.2 ° C and above. They will be like this before the start of the “critical” days. And then they start falling again.
With a daily measurement of BT for several months and scheduling, you can with great accuracy determine when ovulation happens. Периодом, когда женщина имеет шансы забеременеть, считается время от начала менструального цикла до дня выхода женской половой клетки, а также спустя три дня после него.
Thus, for those who wish to become pregnant, this method is useful in order to actively “work” on conceiving on certain days.
And for those who want to avoid pregnancy, he will help to know what days you need to refrain from sexual intimacy.
Also, this study is used as a test of functional diagnostics:
- to determine the condition of the female body and the presence of gynecological or hormonal problems,
- in the absence of a desired pregnancy for a long time (over a year) and suspected infertility,
- to set the duration of the menstrual phase and the time of ovulation,
- with the threat of termination of pregnancy, to establish whether treatment is effective,
- to calculate the period of the next monthly.
Which thermometer is better to use
To measure BT correctly, use a mercury thermometer.. Since it is not recommended to move after waking up (this may provoke an increase in temperature indicators), the thermometer should be at arm's length in the morning.
Electronic thermometer is suitable only for one-time temperature measurement. It is not suitable for plotting and determining trends, as it allows for errors that can distort the result.
BT norm for ovulation
In order to properly produce a study, you should record the results in this way:
- Take a double tetrad sheet into the cell and draw on it two perpendicular axes. - vertical and horizontal, or print the finished form from the Internet.
- On the vertical line mark temperature indicators from 36 to 37.6 ° C. On the horizontal line write cycle days - from the first to the 31st.
- Red horizontal line throughout all days of the cycle, select the temperature of 37 ° C. This will facilitate the construction of the schedule and its decoding.
- At the very bottom, separate columns should be highlighted.: 1) profusion of the menstrual cycle, 2) discharge of clear mucus, 3) sexual intercourse, 4) abdominal pain, 5) breast augmentation, 6) breast reduction, 7) fever, 8) alcohol intake, medications, 9 ) sleep less than three hours, 10) stress, nervous tension, 11) other factors.
- Every day after the temperature measurement on the graph should put a point opposite the temperature indicator.
- At the end of the menstrual cycle, all marked points must be connected straight - it should be a broken line.
Normally, the graph should look like this:
- In the first phase of the cycle - follicular - when the follicle matures, temperature should be below 37 ° С. The duration of this phase is from 12 to 14 days.
- 12-24 hours before the release of the female reproductive cell, the temperature drops by 0.2-0.4 ° C. This process is called preovulatory depression..
- When ovulation occurs, a jump occurs (smooth or sharp) upward. - up to 37.2-37.5 ° С.
- After that, the second phase of the cycle starts. - luteal. Its duration is about two weeks. It is characterized by temperature indicators above 37 ° C.
- Before the start of "critical" days, the temperature will gradually decrease..
Abnormalities that they may mean
If the woman fixes deviations from the norm when plotting over three cycles, this is a reason for consulting a gynecologist. Let's see what these or other violations can say:
- If in the luteal phase, before the onset of the next menstrual period, the temperature does not fall, but is at a level above 37 ° C, besides menstruation does not begin - most likely, this indicates the occurrence of conception. If the temperature did not fall, and the menstruation occurred, it is possible that ovarian dysfunction is present.
- With a weak temperature increase in the luteal phase - by 0.2-0.3 ° C - there are suspected violations in the hormonal background, namely estrogen-progesterone deficiency.
- If temperature jumps are absent altogether, this indicates that ovulation does not occur..
- Chaotic curve with random temperature variations talks about estrogen deficiency.
Thus, the gynecologist may recommend measuring the basal temperature of women who are planning to conceive, wish to prevent pregnancy, have problems with carrying a baby or with hormonal background.
To build an accurate informative schedule, you should follow several rules: take measurements at the same time for at least three months, do not move during the procedure, use only one thermometer.
Conclusions about the presence or absence of problems with women's health can be made only on the basis of a comparison of measurements for at least three menstrual cycles.
Feedback from network users
/ topic / 39-% d0% b1% d0% b0% d0% b7% d0% b0% d0% bb% d1% 8c% d0% bd% d0% b0% d1% 8f-% d1% 82% d0% b5 % d0% bc% d0% bf% d0% b5% d1% 80% d0% b0% d1% 82% d1% 83% d1% 80% d0% b0 / page__view__findpost__p__1276
The menstrual cycle and its phases
The female body was created to continue the race, so all the processes taking place in it are aimed at ensuring conception and preparing the body for pregnancy and childbirth. The menstrual cycle consists of three consecutive phases: it is the follicular, ovulatory and luteal.
The first phase begins with menstrual bleeding, then follicle formation occurs in the ovary and a new endometrium is formed. Its duration can suggest a graph of basal temperature. Its normal duration is 1-3 weeks. In this phase, the role of a phyla-stimulating hormone and estrogen play a role. It ends with the maturation of the follicle.
The second phase is ovulation itself. The walls of the follicle are broken, and the egg passes through the fallopian tube towards the sperm. Phase lasts about 2 days. If fertilization occurs, the embryo attaches to the endometrium, if not - the egg cell dies. On a normal chart, the basal temperature on the day of ovulation is at its lowest level throughout the entire cycle.
In the third phase, progesterone production begins. It is produced by the corpus luteum, which was formed on the site of a ruptured follicle. The basal temperature after ovulation changes in a big way - by 0.4-0.6 ° C. During this period, the female body is preparing to bear and preserve the fetus. If conception did not occur, then the concentration of female sex hormones decreases, and the circle closes, the follicular phase begins. Its duration is normal for all women is about 2 weeks.
Why do temperature fluctuations occur?
Measurement of basal temperature during ovulation as a method characterizing hormonal changes in a woman’s body was proposed in 1953 by Marshall. And now approved by WHO as the official way to identify fertility. Its basis is a regular change in the concentration of progesterone in the blood. This hormone acts on the thermoregulatory center in the brain, which causes a local increase in temperature in the organs and tissues of the pelvis. That is why a sharp rise in temperature in the anal section occurs in the luteal phase.
Thus, ovulation divides the menstrual cycle into two parts: in the first, the average temperature is approximately 36.6-36.8 ° C. Then it goes down by 0.2-0.3 ° C for 2 days, and then rises to 37-37.3 degrees and stays at this level until the end of the cycle. A normal basal temperature chart for ovulation is called biphasic.
Measurement of BTT can help determine with high accuracy a good day for conceiving. According to statistics, it is known that the highest probability of getting pregnant will fall on the day before and after the temperature rises - 30% each. 2 days before the jump - 21%, 2 days after - 15%. Pregnancy can occur with a 2% chance if fertilization occurs 3 or 4 days before the temperature rises.
What is this method used for?
If you constantly chart the basal temperature, the rate and pathology begins to be traced in literally 2-3 cycles. The resulting curves can answer many questions. Therefore, gynecologists strongly recommend this method to solve the following problems:
- Definition of auspicious conception day.
- Early diagnosis of pregnancy.
- As a way of contraception.
- Identification of malfunctions in the gonads.
Basically, the basal temperature is measured to calculate the start of the ovulatory phase of the cycle. This is the easiest and cheapest way. Determining ovulation by basal temperature is very easy if you take measurements regularly and follow all the rules.
Correct measurement is the key to the effectiveness of the method
In order for the results of the method to be truthful, it is necessary to follow all instructions when measuring BTTs, because it is very important that the schedule of basal temperature during ovulation includes only accurate and reliable data. There is a set of basic rules:
- Temperature measurement is carried out daily at the same time (optimally - 7.00-7.30) in the rectum.
- Before the procedure, you need to sleep for at least 3 hours.
- If the woman needed to get out of bed before the time of measurement, then the readings should be removed before taking the vertical position.
- The thermometer must first be prepared and placed near the bed. Shake it off better before bedtime.
- Temperature can only be measured in a horizontal position, lying still on its side.
- During the cycle can not change the thermometer.
- It is better to make readings in the graph immediately after the measurement.
For measurements suitable for both digital and mercury thermometer. But the infrared thermometer for this method is absolutely not intended, since it has a high probability of the presence of an error in the results. Since the basal temperature before ovulation and on the day of its beginning differ only by 0.2-0.3 ° C, such a thermometer may not show this difference. Electronic thermometer gives large errors, if you do not adhere to the instructions for its use. The most accurate indicators can be obtained using a mercury thermometer, but it requires special care when handling.
When the resulting figures may be incorrect
It must be remembered that the basal temperature during ovulation, the rate for which for each woman is individual, can vary depending on the influence of various factors. Often, external influences on the body lead to the fact that indicators of BTT are strongly distorted and have no informative value. These factors include:
- Flights, travel, business trips.
- Excessive alcohol intake.
- Acceptance of psychotropic and hormonal drugs.
- Inflammatory processes in the body, fever.
- Increased exercise.
- Short sleep.
- Non-compliance with measurement instructions.
- Sexual intercourse a few hours before measurement.
If something from the above list occurred, then you should not trust the measurements. And the day on which there was a violation can be disregarded in the construction of the schedule.
How to build a graph of basal temperature
To build a graph of basal temperature, it is necessary to make measurements every day and make entries in a dedicated notebook. The graph is the intersection of two lines at a right angle. The vertical axis contains data on temperature, for example, from 35.7 to 37.3 ° C, and the days of the menstrual cycle are located on the horizontal. Each cell corresponds to 0.1 ° C and 1 day. Having made a measurement, it is necessary to find the day of the cycle on the graph, mentally draw a line up and put a point opposite the desired temperature. At the end of the cycle, all points of the graph are connected, the resulting curve is an objective display of hormonal changes in the female body.
The graph should indicate the current date and build a column for special notes. To ensure that the data are sufficiently complete, you can describe your well-being, symptoms or situations that might appear on the change in basal temperature.
If a woman is not very clear how to make a schedule of basal temperature, then the gynecologist from the antenatal clinic will definitely explain how to do this, as well as help decipher the data.
Now there are many programs with which you can create an electronic schedule that will always be at hand. In this case, the woman just needs to enter temperature readings. The program will do the rest.
Explanation of the schedule
In this method of determining fertility, it is important not only to build, but also to decipher basal temperature graphs. The norm for each woman is individual. However, there is an approximate view of the graph, which should be obtained if the sex glands are working properly. To analyze the resulting curve, you need to build the following elements: the overlapping line, the ovulation line, the duration of the second phase.
The overlapping (average) line is built on top of 6 points of the follicular cycle, excluding the first 5 days and days, when the indicators strongly deviated due to the influence of external factors. This element has no semantic meaning. But necessary for clarity.
The basal temperature on the day of ovulation decreases, so in order to determine the day for a successful conception, you need to find successive points that are under the overlapping line. At the same time, the temperature values of 2 out of 3 points should differ by at least 0.1 ° C from the middle line, and at least 1 of them should have a difference of 0.2 ° C with it. The next day, after that, one can observe a point jump up by 0.3-0.4 degrees. In this place you need to build a line of ovulation. If you have difficulties with this method, you can use the “finger” rule to build a graph. To do this, it is necessary to exclude all points that differ by 0.2 degrees from the previous or subsequent indicator. And based on the resulting schedule to build a line of ovulation.
The basal temperature after ovulation in the anus should be kept at around 37 ° C for 2 weeks. Deviations in the duration of the second phase or a small temperature jump indicate impaired ovarian function or low productivity of the corpus luteum. If 2 cycles in a row, the duration of the second phase does not exceed 10 days, then it is necessary to consult with the gynecologist, since this is the main symptom of the progesterone deficiency of the luteal phase.
The schedule of basal temperature during ovulation should also correspond to the norm in such a parameter as the temperature difference between the follicular and luteal phases. This indicator should be equal to more than 0.4 ° C.
How does the graph in the presence of ovulation and pathologies
Normal ovulatory schedule consists of two phases. In the first, you can observe an average temperature of 36.5-36.8 ° C for 1-3 weeks, then a drop of 0.2-0.3 ° C and a sharp rise to 37 ° C and higher. In this case, the second part of the graph should be no shorter than 12-16 days, and before the onset of bleeding there is a slight decrease in temperature. Graphically, it looks like this:
You should also give examples of basal temperature graphs, in which pathology can be traced. The curve will differ from the norm in various ways. If there is an estrogen-progesterone deficiency, then the temperature jump will be no more than 0.2-0.3 ° C. This condition is fraught with sterility, therefore, requires an appeal to specialists.
If the second phase on the graph is shorter than 10 days, then this is a clear sign of progesterone deficiency. Usually there is no decrease in temperature before the onset of menstrual bleeding. In this case, pregnancy is possible, but under threat of termination.
If there is a lack of estrogen in a woman's body, the schedule will be chaotic, strikingly different from the norm. It may also be due to the influence of external factors (flights, excessive alcohol intake, inflammation, etc.).
When the curve does not have sharp temperature fluctuations and is a monotonous graph, this is called an anovulatory cycle. This happens in healthy women, but not more than 1-2 times a year. If this is repeated from cycle to cycle, then this may be a sign of infertility.
If after the second phase there is no decrease in temperature, then, most likely, the woman is pregnant.
Deciphering basal temperature graphs, examples of which are presented above, require expert knowledge. Therefore, it is not necessary to independently draw conclusions, make a diagnosis and prescribe treatment.