Uterine fibroids - a gynecological disease, which is a benign neoplasm, localized in the uterine cavity. At the initial stages of its progression, the presence of uterine fibroids is not accompanied by pronounced signs, the only symptom that indicates the development of pathology is the failure of the menstrual cycle. In a more neglected state, when the size of the tumor acquires an impressive size, myoma is already accompanied by unpleasant symptoms:
- Pain in the lower abdomen,
- Offensive secretory discharge from the vagina of an unnatural consistency and a more abundant nature,
- An increase in the area of the stomach in volume,
- The deterioration of the general state: drowsiness, constant fatigue, lethargy.
However, one and the most common symptom is the delay in menstruation. In this article we will try to understand in more detail why there are irregularities in the menstrual cycle.
How does the cycle in myoma
Myomatous nodes in the uterine cavity, having a size of more than 12 weeks, adversely affect the performance of some vital organs:
- Digestive tract,
- Reproductive organs.
As a result of the negative impact on the reproductive system, in the first place, the presence of fibroids minimizes the likelihood of a woman to become pregnant. Also, the progression of benign formation provokes a failure of the menstrual cycle, with fibroids, there can be a delay in menstruation - the most common problem, and the following disorders occur:
- Excessively long (more than 7 days) or short-term regulation (less than 4 days),
- Strong discharge with large blood clots
- Recurrent uterine hemorrhages,
- Intense pain in lower abdomen during critical days,
- The regular occurrence of minor bleeding in the intermenstrual period,
- Too scarce or heavy periods with myoma.
Statistics state that with advanced stages of the disease most often, the abundance of bleeding increases, the menstrual cycle is reduced, and the regula have a long-lasting character. As a result, a woman may develop anemia (anemia).
At the initial stage of fibroids, more often there is a delay.
Why is there a delay?
Delay in menstruation occurs not only in women who are ill; common factors are often caused by the irregularity of the regulation:
- Abrupt climate change
- The excess of body weight,
- Exhausting diets, fasting,
- Taking certain medications (usually hormonal),
- Onset of menopause (in women over 45)
- Anorexia or sudden weight loss.
In such cases, the absence of menstruation is a natural phenomenon. The menstrual cycle is restored in about 2-3 months. However, if dangerous pathology progresses in the body, including fibroids, then there are delays for the following reasons:
- Unstable work of the circulatory system in the uterine body,
- The deterioration of the uterine appendages - the ovaries,
- Hormonal imbalance
- Myoma, accompanied by endometriosis (unnatural proliferation of the protective layer of the uterus),
- Changes in the structure of the soft tissues of the reproductive organs.
In any case, in the absence of critical days, you should visit a gynecologist. He will be able to accurately identify the cause that provoked the violation in the woman’s body.
All activities aimed at restoring the menstrual cycle should be prescribed exclusively by a qualified doctor. It is an experienced gynecologist, when prescribing treatment, will take into account all the unique features of the patient's body, existing contraindications, age and severity of the disease.
With insignificant fibroids, doctors prescribe a conservative method of therapy, during which the patient is prescribed pharmacological preparations containing female sex hormones (estrogen and progesterone). Sometimes they also resort to phytotherapy and popular treatment of neoplasms with the help of plants, which also contain substances similar to female hormonal elements. In addition, the doctor also provides some recommendations that will contribute to accelerated elimination of a benign tumor and stabilization of the regularity of critical days.
In more advanced cases, a single drug treatment will not be enough. Then doctors can resort to low-impact surgical procedures. Fortunately, in our time, these methods are enough. What kind of therapeutic measure is needed in a particular case, the doctor chooses, based on the results of a diagnostic study and collecting the necessary tests.
The most neglected cases, unfortunately, do not do without a serious and complex operation. During it, along with a myoma neoplasm, doctors can remove the uterine body and ovaries. Then, if appendages are stopped, menstruation does not resume - this phenomenon is called artificial (surgical) menopause.
To speed up the process of stabilization of the reproductive system, a woman must adhere to the following rules:
- Regularly visit a gynecologist,
- Carefully monitor hygiene,
- Avoid promiscuous sex,
- Use contact contraceptives,
- To live an active lifestyle,
- Adhere to proper and balanced nutrition,
- Get rid of bad habits
- Protect yourself from stressful situations.
Reasons for the delay
In order to find out if there was a delay in menstruation, women keep their own cycle calendar. It is important to understand that for every young lady this period has its own duration - from 21 to 35 days. And if the body does not fail, the cyclical nature is the same and regular all the time.
However, even healthy members of the fair sex may experience changes in the cycle.
If on the expected day of the calendar or even after a few days you do not start menstruating, you should not immediately panic and wonder: with myoma there may be a delay in menstruation, or even think of something worse. Prerequisites can be mass. It does not always mean the presence of any disease.
- The most common and pleasant for most girls is pregnancy. When a baby is conceived, the menstrual cycle should not be expected all nine months. Delays will occur during lactation. Even if a woman is protected during intercourse, it will not hurt to do a pregnancy test. After all, no contraceptive does not give a 100 percent guarantee. Gynecologists say that there are cases of conception with a spiral, interrupted the act and other methods of protection.
- Constant stress and strong emotional exertion, as well as exorbitant physical exertion.
- The rapid weight loss leads to the fact that the endocrine and nervous system adversely affect the work of the ovaries, in other words, they inhibit them. Delay is a kind of response of the body to the lack of food.
- Excess body weight just as well can influence the regularity of critical days. As you know, obesity causes problems in the work of many systems, and sexual - is no exception. In such a situation, it is necessary to determine your normal weight using a special formula, and by means of proper nutrition and exercise, strive to achieve it. As a rule, over time, the cycle is normalized.
- Change of environment, climate change. Many say that failures in the cycle occur during the vacation period. Monthly can go ahead of time or vice versa
- Any inflammatory processes in the organs of the reproductive system, as well as cancer
- Polycystic ovaries caused by the prevalence of the male hormone testosterone. It blocks ovulation.
- Stop taking birth control pills
- Emergency medical contraception after unprotected intercourse
- Abortions and other manipulations in the pelvic organs
If there is a tumor, there are several reasons that affect the cycle and may cause its delay:
- Circulatory disorders in the uterus
- Ovarian dysfunction
- Crash of hormonal balance
- Myoma with endometriosis
- Changes in the structure of the tissues of the reproductive organ
Even if you yourself know about the reason for the delay of menstruation, it is still better to come to a gynecologist for consultation.
He will be able to more accurately determine why there was a failure in the body. A detailed study will help not only to understand the cause, but also to identify associated diseases, if any. For example, to understand whether you still have fibroids, you can only with the help of ultrasound.
Disorders of menstruation in the presence of a tumor should be eliminated only under the supervision of a competent doctor. This is especially important for girls who are planning to conceive and give birth to a baby. The method of treatment of fibroids is selected individually, depending on the site of the site, its size, growth rate, as well as the characteristics of the organism. The smaller the node, the more gentle ways to treat it.
For small myomas, doctors may recommend taking medications that help regulate hormones responsible for the growth of education. These can be hormonal drugs, herbal supplements or even herbal medicine. This type of treatment is quite long - from 3 months to six months. If he effectively helps in the fight against education, then the cycle returns to normal.
It is possible to get rid of fibroids by microsurgical intervention, with minimal impact on female organs. Such methods are especially recommended for young ladies who want to have a baby. After such interventions, regular menstruation returns after a couple of months.
To speed up this process, you need to follow the recommendations of the doctor:
- Avoid physical exertion
- Do not drink alcohol, do not smoke and eat normally
- Keep off sex for a couple of months
Unfortunately, for large and rapidly growing tumors, for example, submucous myoma, the only way out is surgery, which is accompanied by the removal of the reproductive organ.
For any abnormal functioning of the genitals, you must immediately go to the gynecologist. Early diagnosis will help to deal with the problem better and faster, be it fibroids, or the usual delay due to stress or climate change.
The causes of uterine fibroids
At the moment, the exact reasons for the development of myomatous nodes have not been established, but most scientists are inclined to believe that the appearance of fibroids is a reaction of the female body to mechanical damage. The factors that increase the risk of growth and development of myoma lesions include:
- hormonal failure of the body. Hormones play one of the key roles in a woman’s body, and any drop in the direction of a sharp increase in the percentage of one of them, estrogen or progesterone, can lead to malfunctioning of the reproductive system,
- genetic predisposition. It often happens that if at least one of the women in the birth line suffered from fibroids, this diagnosis can be repeated in her subsequent generations,
- sedentary lifestyle, irregular physical activity. These factors rather do not provoke, but reinforce the development of neoplasms, since in the absence of regular exercise, there can be a stagnation of blood in the pelvis, which in turn can spur the development of fibroids,
- traumatization of the uterus walls. Abortions, intrauterine devices, childbirth with multiple injuries can damage the uterine muscle layer and cause the development of benign tumors,
- unbalanced nutrition. Nutrition of any person affects not only its appearance, but also on health. The diet of a woman should for the most part consist of fiber (fruits, vegetables, cereals), milk fats and complex carbohydrates. In the case of regular consumption of junk food may be obesity. Overweight women are more likely to develop fibroids,
- sexually transmitted diseases, infections of the genitourinary system,
- irregular sex life
- thyroid disease.
Signs of development of uterine fibroids
The signs of uterine fibroids are not distinctive, and at first they can be confused with the development of other pathologies of the reproductive system. However, it is important to listen to your feelings and contact a specialist at the first manifestations of the disease. Symptoms of uterine fibroids can be:
- menstrual irregularities. Monthly with myoma often occur very painful, with a large volume of discharge (more than 100 ml). Before menstruation, a woman may feel a sharp pulling pain in the lower abdomen, in the lumbar region and behind the sternum. Abundant menstruation with myoma, as well as their absence, is a frequent phenomenon, because during menstruation with myoma, the endometrium in different areas is rejected in different ways,
- frequent dizziness and headaches,
- painful urination, constipation, the appearance of blood in the urine, gas incontinence. Such symptoms occur in cases of large tumors that press down adjacent internal organs,
- an increase in the abdomen. It is the most obvious sign of fibroids or fibroids. It occurs due to an increase in the uterus with myomatous nodes. Sometimes a woman’s abdomen can reach the size of a 5-month pregnancy.
- impaired reproductive function.
Myoma in many women, especially in the initial stages, is asymptomatic. The most clear evidence of the presence of pathological processes of the female genital tract, is a violation of the menstrual cycle.
Myoma - cycle disturbances, delay in uterine myoma
Hormonal disorders that cause the development of myomatous neoplasm affect the woman's menstrual cycle directly. Delay of menstruation with uterine myoma is a rare case, since most women with this diagnosis, on the contrary, suffer from heavy menstruation with severe pain syndromes. Irregular periods under the influence of many factors can occur at intervals of two times in 30 days, or absent for several months. Such obstacles are:
- violation of the outflow of blood in the vessels and capillaries of the body of the uterus. This situation is fraught with the development of internal bleeding during menstruation, accompanied by severe pain in the lumbar region and lower abdomen,
- the initial stage of fibroids. Menstruation may begin later (after 2-10 days), not as usual monthly. Myomes tend to delay the onset of the menstrual period at first, without affecting the nature of the discharge. The level of progesterone in the body gradually decreases, but still does not cause bleeding. Monthly with myoma pass on the background of a gradual restructuring of the hormonal background,
- uneven rejection of the endometrium during menstruation,
- ovarian dysfunction,
- changes in the structure of the inner layer of the uterus,
- the inability of the uterus to fully reduce during the period,
- pregnancy. Pregnancy with myoma is really possible, since the tumor, as a rule, does not interfere with conception - there may be enough hormones in a woman’s body to attach the egg to the wall of the uterus. However, a myoma neoplasm has a serious effect on the development of the fetus, sometimes causing its rejection and, as a result, miscarriage. It is very important to control your cycle during the treatment period - it is undesirable to combine myoma with pregnancy, since a miscarriage is likely to cause heavy uterine bleeding.
Monthly with fibroids are also characterized by changes in the composition of secretions. In addition to increasing their volume (more than 100-120 ml), they acquire a bright scarlet color and a thick consistency mixed with blood clots. Sometimes the abundance of discharge during menstruation can reach uterine bleeding. In such cases, an urgent need to contact an experienced doctor in order to avoid anemia and, in the most extreme case, death from blood loss.
Types of surgical treatment of fibroids
There are many treatment options for fibroids. Tumors of small size are always trying to cure doctors with medication, or with the help of uterine artery embolization (EMA). Conservative therapy, as a rule, involves a course of hormones, individually selected for each patient. In cases where drug treatment did not help contain the growth of the tumor and did not contribute to the reduction of its size, surgical intervention is chosen, chosen according to the individual characteristics and requirements of the patient.
Indications for operations are:
- long and strong pain syndrome
- heavy uterine bleeding, recurring regularly,
- myoma node pressure on nearby organs,
- cases of submucous and subserous myomas that are at risk for torsion of the legs and necrosis.
In operational practice, there are several types of tumor removal:
- laparotomy - an operation involving the removal of tumors by abdominal incision in the peritoneal region. Является наиболее травматичным способом, используемым лишь в случаях узлов очень большого размера (более 3-4 месяцев беременности),
- laparoscopy - removal of the lesion using endoscopic equipment - a laparoscope. It is performed by applying three small incisions in the lower part of the peritoneum,
- hysteroscopy - removal of myoma node through the cervical canal using endoscopic equipment,
- Uterine artery embolization (EMA) is a modern minimally invasive technique for removing foci of fibroids by introducing an embolization drug into the uterus supplying blood to the uterus that blocks blood flow in the tumor and causes their gradual dying off.
One of the most important advantages of EMA is the possibility of subsequent pregnancy and gestation, as the reproductive system of a woman is not affected in any way. Also, the holding of EMA almost completely eliminates the development of adverse pathologies in the form of infections or the development of adhesions. Recovery after the performed manipulations takes no more than 2 weeks, which allows the patient to quickly return to her previous lifestyle. Sign up for a consultation with an experienced gynecologist surgeon is possible on this page.
Prevention of uterine fibroids
Unfortunately, the exact causes of uterine fibroids have not yet been established, therefore, it is almost impossible to talk about targeted prevention. If possible, factors that trigger the development of tumors should be avoided. For this it is desirable:
- realize reproductive function up to 30-35 years. Young women are even more susceptible to the development of myoma nodes, if by the age of 30 they could not get pregnant and give birth to a child,
- do not have an abortion. Abortion is an artificial interruption of pregnancy, which disrupts the entire female reproductive system and can cause the development of not only fibroids, but also other, more serious diseases,
- undergo an annual examination by a gynecologist, monitor the nature of your period,
- avoid stress. Constant strong stressful situations are the root cause of the appearance of most diseases in humans.
Choice of clinic and specialist
Choosing the method of surgery and clinic, you should carefully examine all the options and stay at the best. Myoma is a disease that can be cured without resorting to extreme methods. EMA is an alternative treatment for fibroids that does not require subsequent therapy. You can get more detailed information about this technique, as well as consult with a qualified specialist on our website. We will help you choose the best of clinics equipped with modern angiographic equipment for EMA.
Under this term understand the abundant and prolonged menstruation. The nature of the monthly changes gradually over the years. A trigger can be gynecological diseases (inflammation of the uterus, appendages), past childbirth, miscarriages or abortions. A woman is examined by a doctor, an ultrasound is being examined - and then a uterine fibroid is detected (usually interstitial multiple or submucous). About what secretions can be observed with myoma read in one of our articles.
Myoma is one of the most common benign neoplasms in the uterus.
Abundant menstruation called such bleeding, which require frequent changes of pads or tampons (more than once every two hours). Long periods are considered that last for 6-7 days or more. It is important to understand that everything is relative. If a woman has only 3 days of menstruation since adolescence, an increase in this period even up to 5 days is a reason to be examined by a doctor.
Menstrual irregularities of the menstrual cycle are also found in other gynecological diseases, therefore, it is indispensable to consult a specialist.
Intermenstrual bleeding occurs on the background of various gynecological pathologies, to clarify the diagnosis and determine the tactics of treatment, you should consult with your doctor.
Long and abundant periods often become painful. Unpleasant sensations are most pronounced in the first days of the cycle, after which the pain subsides. Discomfort occurs in the lower abdomen, in the lumbar region, in the projection of the sacrum. With the growth of fibroids, pain can become permanent and appear outside of menstruation.
Abnormal uterine bleeding
Some of the most characteristic symptoms of fibroids occur under these conditions:
- The long course of the disease
- Multiple interstitial or submucous nodules,
- Single knot of the big sizes.
The more formations in the uterus, the higher the likelihood of such complications. Bleeding occurs suddenly on the background of complete well-being, often in the middle of the cycle. Another option is possible when menstruation suddenly increases and after a few days passes into full bleeding.
Uterine bleeding is a condition that threatens a woman’s life. Emergency hospitalization in hospital and curettage of the uterus are shown. This procedure is not only medical, but also diagnostic. The resulting material is sent to the laboratory, and after a histological conclusion, the doctor can identify concomitant pathology.
Scraping the uterus makes it possible to establish the exact cause of uterine bleeding.
Delay of menstruation with fibroids is not always associated with the pathology itself. The reason for this condition may be various factors:
- Stress - sudden or chronic,
- Heavy physical exertion
- Violation of the day regimen, lack of sleep,
- Irrational diet, strict diets (with a decrease in weight of less than 45 kg, many women experience amenorrhea - complete absence of menstruation),
- Relocation, travel, climate change,
- ARVI, flu,
- Exacerbation of chronic pathology.
After elimination of the underlying cause, menstruation is restored without additional therapy. If no obvious negative factors have been identified, a gynecologist should be examined.
One of the causes of fibroids is called relative hyperestrogenism. In this condition, there is an excess of estrogen, while progesterone is not enough. Progesterone deficiency leads to a failure of the menstrual cycle. As a result, the cycle can not fully complete, and there is a delay in menstruation.
When hormonal imbalance can occur disorder of the menstrual cycle.
Normal menstrual cycle lasts 21-35 days, menstruation - 3-7 days. Allowed to change the cycle length by 1-3 days in any direction: this is a variant of the norm.
The reason for the delay in menstruation due to hormonal changes can be such states:
- The persistence of the follicle is a phenomenon in which the follicle does not mature, ovulation does not occur, menstruation is delayed. Estrogenic background prevails in the body,
- Atresia of the follicle - a condition in which the follicle does not reach the end point of its development and shrinks. Ovulation does not occur, there is an increase in estrogen levels.
These changes may be one of the causes of infertility against the background of uterine fibroids.
Fibromyoma is often combined with other gynecological diseases:
- Endometriosis (including adenomyosis - lesion of the uterus mucous membrane),
- Endometrial hyperplastic process,
- Endometrial polyps,
- Cysts and benign ovarian tumors.
In this situation, the symptoms of pathology are superimposed on each other, and the delay in menstruation is no longer something unexpected. Most often, the menstrual cycle failure occurs in diseases of the ovaries.
Ovarian dysfunction often leads to hormonal disruption, which leads to menstrual disorders, and may also contribute to the development of tumors.
Uterine fibroids do not exclude the possibility that a woman can become a mother. You can find out about the important nuances of the course of pregnancy against the background of fibroids in another article. Often, against the background of this pathology, a successful conception of a child occurs. The benefit of pregnancy may speak delayed menstruation for a week or more, as well as the appearance of such symptoms:
- Breast engorgement,
- Changing taste preferences,
- Decreased or increased appetite
- Aversion to strong odors,
- Unusual weakness and drowsiness,
- Signs of toxicosis: nausea, vomiting, drooling.
At home, the pharmacy test will help confirm the diagnosis. If the result is positive, you should make an appointment with a doctor. Pregnancy on the background of fibroids proceeds with complications, the probability of miscarriage in the early stages is high. A woman who wants to save the child must be under medical supervision until the birth.
A more accurate diagnostic method is a blood test for hCG. It shows pregnancy even when the test is still negative. Donate blood for the determination of the hormone in any laboratory.
The analysis for hCG is an analysis for a particular pregnancy hormone, namely, human chorionic gonadotropin, which helps to accurately determine the onset of pregnancy.
Uterine fibroids are often detected in 40-50 years. During this period, many women start menopause, a natural condition characterized by a decrease and complete cessation of hormone production. Taking medication can spur this process. Not surprisingly, in this situation, menstruation becomes irregular, there are delays of a week or more. If the diameter of the myoma node is stable and there is no associated pathology, there is no need to worry. Menopause is a completely normal and inevitable phenomenon, and the delay in menstruation is only one of the signs of its occurrence.
After the onset of menopause, fibroids should not grow. Usually the tumor regresses, all symptoms of pathology disappear. If the node grows, examination by a doctor is necessary. This symptom often hides sarcoma - a malignant tumor of the uterus.
For the treatment of uterine fibroids, various medications are prescribed, among which KOC and gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists deserve special attention. It is these drugs most often give delayed menstruation.
Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists (GnRH) inhibit the secretion of their own gonadotropic hormones in the pituitary gland and inject a woman into a state of menopause medication. The production of estrogen and progesterone in the ovaries stops, ovulation disappears, menstruation does not come. Amenorrhea is the expected effect that occurs during GnRH treatment. The course of therapy lasts 3-6 months, and at this time the woman should not have menstrual periods. After drug withdrawal, the function of the genital glands is restored.
Combined oral contraceptives (COCs) are prescribed to women up to 35 years old by a course of 3 months or more. While taking the drug, menstruation is not present, but menstrual bleeding comes. After the abolition of the COC cycle is restored within 1-3 months. In some women, there is a slight delay in menstruation, which does not require medical correction.
Drug treatment of fibroids combined oral contraceptives (COC) allows you to restore the disturbed hormones.
What happens to myoma if there are no menstruations while taking medication? The development of your own hormones stops, ovulation is blocked, and menstruation stops. Fibromyoma decreases in size, leaving the unpleasant symptoms of the disease.
The maximum regression of the tumor is observed in the first three months, then the process slows down. The use of GnRH agonists for more than 6 months does not make sense. KOC young women can be appointed for a longer period, if there are no contraindications.
Condition after surgery
After myomectomy or uterine artery embolization, menstruation is often observed for 3-5 days. This is due to the transferred stress, as well as possible hormonal changes on the background of preoperative preparation. If the delay is 7-10 days or more, you should see a doctor.
Tactics in violation of menstruation
So, when myomatous nodes can be a failure of the menstrual cycle, however, this condition is not a typical symptom of pathology. To exclude pregnancy or identify related problems, you need to consult a doctor and be examined:
- Gynecological examination,
- Smear on oncocytology,
- Blood test for hCG
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs,
- Blood test for sex hormones.
According to the indications, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy are performed to accurately diagnose and assess the condition of myomatous nodes. Further tactics will depend on the identified pathology.
Factors contributing to the development of fibroids
It is considered one of the most common diseases of the reproductive system in women aged 30 to 45 years. Recently, cases of the disease have become more frequent among young girls. Myoma is a benign neoplasm on the walls of the uterus. There is no consensus about the true cause of the appearance of a tumor. But it is known for certain that myoma is a hormone-dependent neoplasm. There are several factors contributing to the development of the disease:
- hormonal disbalance,
- chronic inflammation caused by infectious diseases, inflammation of the appendages, ovaries,
- the presence of an intrauterine device,
- irregular sex life
- genetic predisposition
- blood stasis in the pelvic organs,
- endocrine diseases of the glands.
The disease is dangerous hidden flow. At first, there is no obvious symptoms of the disease, and menstrual disorders are the only cause for concern. And it may be, as a premature arrival of menstruation, and a slight delay in menstruation about 1 week. The doctor diagnoses the disease on examination, to confirm, prescribe an ultrasound. In most cases, this happens by chance. A woman lives with a tumor, unaware of its existence. The situation is peculiar to those who have a menstrual cycle and without neoplasm was irregular.
It is characterized by aching pain in the lower abdomen, heavy bleeding, prolonged menstruation, acute back pain, frequent urination, fatigue, decreased hemoglobin due to blood loss.
Causes of neoplasm
In fact, the reasons are combined into one large group - hormonal failure. Imbalance is manifested in an increased amount of estrogen, insufficient production of progesterone. Disrupt the balance of hormone production can diseases of the reproductive system, endocrine, central nervous. It is often difficult to determine exactly which link in a single whole a misfire has occurred. Especially if there are no obvious signs of the disease. Meanwhile, under the influence of hormones, the tumor can both increase and decrease. Sometimes it also mysteriously disappears, as it appeared. In severe cases, fibroids turn into fibroids, fibroids, and malignant tumors.
- Menstrual cycle with progesterone deficiency
Under the influence of estrogen, the formation of the egg, its development. An endometrial layer is formed on the uterus to attach a fertilized egg. In the second phase, there is not enough progesterone, the menstrual cycle cannot be completed fully. For physiological reasons, neoplasm in girls and women after menopause is rare, since there is no need for ovulation, fertilization, and maintenance of pregnancy. The main risk zone is women of reproductive age. At elevated levels of estrogen, a disease such as endometriosis is observed. And he, in turn, causes the appearance of a tumor in the uterus, the primary delay of menstruation.
- Sexual manipulation
Hormonal failure can cause mechanical injury to the uterus. The cause of fibroids can be operations, mechanical manipulations, abortions. In the latter case, 2 factors are combined into a single whole. First, the hormonal background changes dramatically, and second, the upper layer of the uterus is damaged. The risk of developing tumors increases significantly. Especially if an abortion was done repeatedly, or by an inexperienced doctor. There is a delay of menstruation, then bleeding.
The intrauterine device is an alien object in the uterus. The cause of fibroids is the prolonged use of this contraceptive or injury to the body due to the inappropriate size of the helix. The balance of hormones can be disturbed by taking birth control pills. This tool can cause delayed menstruation, cause abundant bleeding, create favorable conditions for the development of the tumor. The action of the tablets is aimed at inhibiting the functions of the ovaries, the production of progesterone in the normal amount. Although the dosage of estrogen is strictly regulated by each pill, the body can react to all this in its own way.
- Physiological causes
With menopause, uterine myoma is often found in women. The reason is the same - hormonal adjustment, lack of progesterone. At this time, a woman needs to be especially attentive to her body. As a monthly delay in the early stages of menopause. So too much bleeding should be under the supervision of a physician.
One of the reasons for increasing the amount of estrogen is improper nutrition. Hormones concentrate in the adipose tissue of a woman. Failure is observed in the absence of fiber, an increased amount of carbohydrates, fatty acids. There may be a delay in menstruation with subsequent bleeding. По этой причине миома часто встречается у женщин с лишним весом, ожирением, сахарным диабетом.In vegetarians, this disease is extremely rare, since the diet consists of cereals, vegetables, fruits, dairy products, nuts.
To determine the imbalance of hormones by only one blood test is impossible. Changes should be traced over time. Therefore, to identify the true cause of hormonal disorders women must undergo a long examination.
The reason for the delay monthly
For the disease tend to shorten the menstrual cycle, to increase the amount of secretions of blood. Monthly can begin already in 2 weeks after previous. The whole cause of excess estrogen, progesterone deficiency. It turns out, there is no need for the second phase of the cycle. The menstrual cycle becomes not 28 days, but only 14. Sometimes there is scant discharge of blood in the intervals between heavy bleeding. But the delay in menstruation in the presence of a tumor can also be observed. There are not so many reasons.
- The initial stage of the disease. Hormonal background is just beginning to change steadily. Progesterone levels are not so low as to cause heavy bleeding. The uterus has managed to form a full-fledged layer of the endometrium, there is no surplus so far. At the same time, there is a slight delay in menstruation, the discharge is normal. Since no doctor is taken to determine the exact date of the onset of a neoplasm, it can be assumed that the first symptoms of the tumor are not abundant blood excretion and menstruation earlier than usual, but delayed menstruation.
- The second banal reason for the delay in menstruation in the presence of a neoplasm is pregnancy. Conception in such a situation is problematic, but possible. A sufficient level of estrogen in the first stage of the cycle allows the egg to develop. Ovulation may occur. Further development of a fertilized egg depends on how low the progesterone level has fallen. Hormone may be enough to attach the egg to the walls of the uterus. But it is impossible to endure a child in such a situation. If there is a monthly delay, it is necessary to conduct a pregnancy test. Premature miscarriage in the presence of a tumor causes a strong discharge of blood. The situation is dangerous for the life of a woman.
- The third - in the vessels of the penis disrupted blood flow. Highlight can not freely go outside. Accompanied by all this severe pain in the lower abdomen, lower back. The situation is dangerous internal bleeding. If menstruation begins, the discharge will be abundant.
Delay of menstruation with uterine myoma is an unusual situation. But the female body is an individual system. Than guessing about the reasons for the delay, it is better to immediately go to the doctor. The tumor is visible immediately to the naked eye. Next question, what to do with it.
A tumor can quickly grow in size, quantity, then an operation is performed to remove it. This is followed by hormone therapy. If the neoplasm is not growing or there is a tendency to decrease, the treatment is medicamentous. But the monthly cycle will be impaired. Get rid of the disease with drugs, folk remedies, but everything must be agreed with the doctor. At the time of therapy, the amount of discharge during critical days is reduced by hemostatic drugs, diet, sleep, rest. In addition, we should not forget that a lot depends on the nervous system in a woman’s body. Less stresses, depressions, surges!