Menstruation went after menstruation in a week and the woman is at a loss does not know what to think. Why does this happen? Is there an explanation for this phenomenon? Monthly discharge is considered to be the norm, which pass within 3-5 days. The rest of the cycle of selection of light without blood impurities.
Blood secretions that appear in the period between menstruations gave the name "metrorrhagia." They are not cyclical, but may arise for one reason or another in any month. A woman is confronted with blood discharge during hormonal contraceptive use, when installing the intrauterine device, after childbirth, abortion, and surgical interventions on the genitals. Unusual secretions indicate processes in the uterus. In these cases, the body is simply updated or reinstalled. There is nothing dangerous about it. The gynecologist should warn the woman in advance about unusual blood discharge. If you have to observe menstruation a week after menstruation for no apparent reason, then you should suspect the disease of the genital organs. This is the main cause of metrorrhagia in women. Eliminated by medication or surgery.
Pathological causes of blood in a week after menstruation
First of all, a woman needs to exclude an ectopic pregnancy. Monthly in any case will be different from normal. In addition, a slight delay of 1-2 weeks is possible. A woman must be tested for pregnancy. The second strip may be mild. The onset of menstruation a week after menstruation indicates a failure of an ectopic pregnancy or an unsuccessful uterine pregnancy. Disruption of uterine pregnancy can pass without harm to the health of the woman. The uterus will clean itself, do not have to resort to mechanical cleaning. Bleeding in an ectopic pregnancy threatens a woman’s life. Along with the blood discharge from the woman there is a strong pain in the abdomen, peritoneum, there is weakness, pallor, loss of consciousness. A woman must be urgently hospitalized.
It is impossible to determine the disease on the basis of symptoms. Since most of them are similar to each other or appear already at a late stage of the disease. The main sign of the presence of pathology is a failure of the menstrual cycle. In addition, menstruation in women a week after menstruation may begin due to diseases not related to the genitals.
- Chronic endometritis
Observe the disease can be after unsuccessful treatment of polyps or in his absence. The infection enters the woman's vagina, affects the uterus, and other genitals. There are discharge in any period of the month, including one week after menstruation. It is an inflammation of the uterine lining. Accompanied by a change in the vaginal microflora. The disease often manifests itself as pain during intercourse, pain in the lower abdomen, bleeding with an admixture of pus, an irregular cycle. The exacerbation of the disease occurs when a woman's immunity decreases. Bleeding may occur along with scanty discharge during the period between menstruation. For the treatment of chronic endometritis, the uterus is scraped. Then the disease is treated with medication. Restore the vaginal microflora.
Pathology of the endocrine system, in particular, a disease of the thyroid gland. Affects the amount, composition of sex hormones. One of the causes of the disease may be acute iodine deficiency. The reproductive system is unable to fully function due to the lack of the necessary amount of hormones. One can observe a variety of violations of the cycle, menstruation often occur irregularly, then linger, then come ahead of time. Blood secretions are accompanied by irritability, weakness, fatigue, headache. To confirm the diagnosis, it is necessary to analyze the level of hormones, to conduct ultrasound and other studies. Vaginal microflora may vary.
Pathology associated with irregular ovulation. The reason for this phenomenon may be the defective work of the organs that are responsible for the production of hormones. Ovulation occurs at any time of the month. Menstruation begins spontaneously. The gap between blood flow often lasts 1 week. Discharges may be absent for a whole month, then not end for a long time. Such a chaotic process in a woman’s body can lead to complete sterility and disruption of the vaginal microflora. It is necessary to observe the basal temperature, keep a schedule.
The disease is characterized by the complexity of the symptoms and manifestations. Associated with the improper formation of the endometrial layer on the walls of the uterus. Too large endometrial layer extends beyond the body. Cells penetrate the vagina, the uterus itself, cause pathological processes, bleeding. It can happen just a week after menstruation. When viewed from the uterus is enlarged, has a significant redness. Menstruation discharge is often abundant, bleeding is present, then it does not stop during the whole month. Violation of the cycle can be observed for a long time.
The disease often occurs in women of reproductive age and during the onset of menopause. It is a neoplasm in the form of a tumor on the walls of the uterus. The true cause of this phenomenon has not yet been established. But often uterine fibroids occur during hormonal disruption, after trauma to the uterus. Often the main symptom of the disease is a violation of the monthly cycle. A woman may observe bleeding, renewed discharge in a few days. Uterine fibroids in the first stage are treated with a drug. For a long time, it can be in an unchanged state and then disappear on its own. With a complex neoplasm, numerous myomas are cleaned. Remove the tumor surgically. Observe tumor growth can doctor on ultrasound. He also draws conclusions about the feasibility of treatment.
This is not the whole list of diseases that can cause a violation of the monthly cycle. In any alarming situation, you should seek help from a gynecologist and other specialists.
The main causes of vaginal discharge after menstruation
Normally, when blood discharge or menstruation occurs in a woman once a month and lasts an average of 3 to 7 days, gradually reducing the amount of blood secreted to a complete cessation. The length of this period, as well as the amount of blood lost is entirely individual, and depends on the characteristics of the female body. The following periods come on time, depending on the menstrual cycle, which most often equals 21 or 28 days. Significant deviations from this scheme may be a natural physiological process, but more often they are still associated with various pathologies in the reproductive system.
In some cases, after menstruation, women have blood discharge from the vagina that is not cycleable and can occur on any days of the intermenstrual period. In scientific medicine, this violation is called metrorrhagia. This pathology can develop against the background of more severe inflammatory processes occurring in the reproductive system, such as: the formation of polyps in the uterus or in the ovaries, adenomas, myoma, sarcoma, mucosal erosion, tumors caused by hormonal imbalance and many others. If you leave these pathological situations without proper attention, then after a while problems will appear in the functioning of other vital organs like the heart, lungs, endocrine and vascular system.
If the measures taken do not lead to the desired result, and acyclic bleeding occurs again and again, then effective treatment methods are often undertaken, using curettage of the uterine lining. This procedure should be used in cases in which the presence of tumor processes in the genitals is diagnosed.
Additional causes of acyclic bleeding
The situation when menstruations do not adhere to a specific pattern and begin a week after the end of the previous ones, prompts to look for the reasons that caused such an order. Most often, these are acute or chronic diseases occurring in the female body. Among them you can often find such:
- Chronic course of endometritis, most often the result of uncured acute inflammations or neglected processes of polyp formation in the uterine cavity or ovaries. Infection from the uterus spreads to the vaginal area, thereby causing bleeding. Such a disease can be obtained exclusively from sexual partners, and the onset of the pathological process can go unnoticed for a long time. Only with the appearance of severe bleeding, this pathological condition is able to detect itself.
- Disruption of function in the thyroid gland associated with hypothyroidism. Lack of hormones can significantly affect the reproductive functions. Blood discharge in a similar situation can often happen a week after menstruation. Women with such a violation feels increased nervousness and decreased performance. To identify this pathology, you need to pass a blood test for TSH and visit a specialist.
- The occurrence of ectopic pregnancy, in which the embryo begins to develop, without reaching the uterus. This condition is a danger, since its initial period is not different from the symptoms of normal pregnancy. Only with the growth of the embryo, the state of health begins to deteriorate, severe pains and a feverish state appear with dizziness and fainting. A week after menstruation in this case, most women experience severe bleeding. The development of this pathological situation can lead to rupture of the pipe and serious complications that threaten the life of a woman.
Anovulation is a characteristic condition in which bleeding is very scarce and comes at any time, or does not occur at all.
- Ovulation, when fertilization of the egg occurs, which drastically increases the amount of estrogen. During pregnancy, more mucus is secreted in the uterus, which, mixing with blood, forms a plug that blocks access to the uterine cavity of harmful bacteria. Some small part of this mixture goes into the vagina and stands out.
- Endometriosis, when the cells of the uterine mucosa are located in unusual places, germinating through its walls. Growing in the ovaries, in the abdominal cavity outside the uterus, they contribute to the occurrence of bleeding after the end of menstruation. The color of the discharge becomes darker.
- The formation of uterine fibroids - benign tumor in the form of nodes from the muscle and connective tissues of the uterus. Most often occurs in women with the onset of menopause due to hormonal disorders occurring in the body during this period. Nodes begin to grow due to impaired cell division and are manifested by bleeding that occurs among the cycle.
Discharge from the vagina a week after the end of the previous menstruation, may be evidence of diseases, inflammatory processes or interruption of the short duration of the happened pregnancy. It is necessary to get rid of diseases and inflammation in the shortest possible time, but the situation with pregnancy is a bit more complicated. If there was a miscarriage on a short period of pregnancy, then it does not make much sense to worry. Usually the body gets rid of the unviable fetus in this way. But if the discharge of blood from the vagina is a consequence of implantation bleeding, then it is most likely necessary to join in the struggle to preserve the fetus. In any case, the answers to all emerging questions can be obtained from your gynecologist.